Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im doing this plan with a friend of mine coz we are sick of getting acne in our late 20's. This is what i have written out as our plan. If its any good maybe others can use it. Please leave your comments.

Thank you

Start day Thursday; from now until Saturday we should avoid all meat and dairy and eat only fish and vegetables.

Sunday morning start the raw food diet. From what ive read I think we should keep this diet as simple as possible with lots of apples, greens and organic apple juice. We should also continue to take the malic acid up until the day of the flush.

Monday should be the last day we eat solids and this day should be spent making juices containing mainly organic apples to last for the next 2 days. Doing this will help ensure the liver flush is successful.

Tuesday should be spent only drinking your apple based juices, liver tea or peppermint tea and continuing to take the malic acid or apple cider vinegar.

This diet enables the bile in your liver to accumulate, putting pressure in your liver. This pressure will eliminate more stones when it comes to the flush.

Flush Day

On Wednesday we should stop eating and drinking juices at 3pm. Only drink liver tea, peppermint tea and water. At the same time mix 4 tblspoons of Epsom salts in 3 cups of water, pouring all this into a jar and put this jar in the refrigerator to make it cold. (Jen we will have to do thins and work and take it home)

At 7:00 PM, drink 3/4 cup of this mixture. It will taste very bad... but you can add 1/8 tablespoons of powdered Vitamin C to make it taste better.

At 9 PM, drink another 3/4 cup of this mixture. Get all your errands done, and prepare for the liver flush. You shouldn't be doing ANYTHING after doing a liver flush, just lying down and sleeping.

At 10:45 PM, pour 1/2 cup of organic virgin olive oil into a jar. Squeeze the entire grapefruit into the mix, removing the pulp with a fork. You should have 1/2 to 3/4 cups of grapefruit juice mixed with the virgin olive oil the jar. Close the jar, and shake it very hard until it is all-liquid.

At 11 PM, drink this mixture. You may drink it through some large straw if that makes it easier for you. Try to get it all down in 5 mins or so.

Lay down in your bed as soon as you have drank all the mixture. This is crucial, and most people do this wrong. Don't do any work, don't even bother brushing your teeth! Just lay down immediately! Lay on your right side, with your right knee up towards your chin for 20 or so mins. Stay still, and try not to move at all. Try to sleep.

The next morning (Thursday) wake up at 5am and drink a 3rd dose of your 3/4 cup Epsom salts. You can go back to sleep afterwards. At 7am drink the last dose of Epsom salts.

You can expect some sort of diarrhea (this is caused by the Epsom salts). You will or will not see some gallstones afterwards. Some people just eliminate regular wastes, but others eliminate hundreds of gallstones. Look for green, round things - these are gallstones. if they're float and are green, they are gallstones.

Do not eat anything until 9am, and only then can you have a juice or tea. You may move onto solid foods again slowly and avoid all fats, dairy and carbs.

That evening have a light meal.

I started the first day of my liver flush diet with a colonic. I have to say it all felt very strange but I feel a whole lot better for it. I have only eaten raw fruit and veg today and will continue up until Wednesday night when i start the flush. I really want to eat some cheddar cheese but I have staying on the wagon no matter what.

I made an organic salad out out spring onions, red pepper, celery, mushrooms, rocket, carrot, mixed herb leafs, broccoli and mixed lemon juice with some Indian spices as a dressing. It was really yummy.

Im not sure how many people on here are interested in liver flushes but i will keep a daily update on here anyway.

what is the science behind this 'flush', i don't think it 'flushes' out anything

I have just made the nicest raw soup.

Organic; Tomatoes, Spring Onions, Basil, Red Pepper, Rocket, Lemon Juice and a sprinkle of Chilly Powder. I used a hand blender to turn it into a lumpy soup.

It’s really tasty. I didnt think cold raw soup would be all that nice. Turns out this raw diet aren’t as boring as I thought it would be.

Also made a yummy juice:

Organic; Apples, Celery, Carrots, Cucumber and Ginger.

I made enough soup and juice to last me the next 2 days and I also have my salad I mentioned before too.

post-67936-1210006883_thumb.jpg

post-67936-1210006883_thumb.jpg

good luck, but i have one question... does it hurt when you sh** the stones out? :redface: im serious... :rolleyes:

We have had many debates about this in the past.

Yes it does flush out stuff, and even if you think the green stones are a mix of the oil and salts *already proved false countless times since many people flush without salts*

I can tell you that I PERSONALLY flushed a one square inch, white, calcified ROCK out of my liver doing these flushes. I could feel the sore place in my liver where it came out the next day and I immediately began producing more bile and digesting my food better.

Helping the liver helps the whole body work better. Even if your acne cause is something other than a damaged or clogged liver, it will still help. I found out my acne cause was mostly gluten sensitivity and emotional stress.

Cleaning the liver is very soothing to the emotions, and cleaning the liver is something that has helped me a lot.

The only warning I would have is, if you are particularly toxic, liver flushing may make you break out for awhile. FLushing a great amount of poisons into the intestines can be dangerous if those poisons are re-absorbed. It can make you feel awful. A lot of this depends on how toxic you are. Like in my case, before I got into flushing I had been a smoker, alcoholic and drug user for years, including some nasty prescription drugs. So when I began flushing it all out, WOAH major detox...it was harsh.

I encourage you to do a salt water flush or an enema afterwards to help get as much of the toxins flushed out early on as you can.

Oh and mHHm, no it doesnt hurt when the stones come out. The only thing that sometimes hurts is your butt can get irritated from all the diharreha (sp?) and it burns a bit to poop, but that goes away after a day and it's worth it. :)

Oh and mHHm, no it doesnt hurt when the stones come out. The only thing that sometimes hurts is your butt can get irritated from all the diharreha (sp?) and it burns a bit to poop, but that goes away after a day and it's worth it. :)

Oh I was also going to point the OP in the direction of the Holistically Clear Skin Club, as there is more than one member (Believe + others) who has found that liver flushing improved or cleared their skin.

Im a little scared what will come out of me now... I have been a pumping all kinds of toxins into my body for years now.

Well i guess i will find out tomorrow night. Wish me luck.

you might need one flush just to shake things loose, so do not expect too muc the first time around

I just wanted to say that you need to be very careful when flushing stones from your gallbladder. If they are large they can get stuck in the bile duct, causing jaundice and landing you in the hospital.

Also, I have done liver/body cleanses in the past, but I always rely more heavily on herbs (such as milk thistle, burdock, dandelion, etc.), and a wholesome, fiber-rich diet, and sometimes colonics as well to help flush out the toxins, rather than just an all-liquid/diarrhea inducing regimen. Milk Thistle, Dandelion and Burdock have been in use for a LONG time and there are numerous scientific studies published that show their benefits to the liver and lymphatic system where toxins can build up.

I just wanted to say that you need to be very careful when flushing stones from your gallbladder. If they are large they can get stuck in the bile duct, causing jaundice and landing you in the hospital.

Also, I have done liver/body cleanses in the past, but I always rely more heavily on herbs (such as milk thistle, burdock, dandelion, etc.), and a wholesome, fiber-rich diet, and sometimes colonics as well to help flush out the toxins, rather than just an all-liquid/diarrhea inducing regimen. Milk Thistle, Dandelion and Burdock have been in use for a LONG time and there are numerous scientific studies published that show their benefits to the liver and lymphatic system where toxins can build up.

I have been preparing for my flush for some time. I have been taking all the herbs you mentioned 2 weeks before the flush. I have also been very strict with my diet. ...

I think its very important to prepare but I don’t think we should be putting people off from doing a liver flush. This is why I have started this thread so you can see my results and make your own choice.

I have been preparing for my flush for some time. I have been taking all the herbs you mentioned 2 weeks before the flush. I have also been very strict with my diet. ...

I think its very important to prepare but I don’t think we should be putting people off from doing a liver flush. This is why I have started this thread so you can see my results and make your own choice.

I am really confused. If you want to give people advice, and share your results, then you really should be telling them about EVERYTHING you have done to prepare for the liver cleanse. If you were taking liver supporting herbs before the cleanse to prepare for it, then why didn't you mention this in your original post when you outlined the protocol? Surely, if your results are good and people want to follow through with your recommendations, don't you think they might be missing out if the failed to take the liver supporting herbs in preparation as you did?

I also want to make it clear that I am NOT trying to put people off from doing a liver flush. As I said in my post, I have done many liver flushes in the past, and I plan to do another one soon. I just think that herbs help a lot more than changing the diet alone (and even if you want to change your diet, adding the herbs can only help). And I stand by my statement about gallstones. You really NEED to mention that this flush is should not be recommended for people with gallstones, as it CAN LEAD to bile duct obstruction and jaundice. Any physician will tell you that.

I recently saw a homeopath and he told me to do a liver and colon cleanse/flush.

I just received my stuff, and I decided to send it back and not do it. After reading this post, Im actually quite happy I decided against it, haha.

No offense is intended here, I think its cool that your doing it, but once I started reading stories and talking to family members who do it, I got too grossed out and nervous. Ive seen pictures of long stringy stuff, looking like tar, and those stones, I'd rather not deal with that. haha

On top of that, most doctors ive talked to in the past week (my family is mostly in the medical field and work in hospitals) they all said that liver/colon great for constipated people, but I am regular, 1-3 times a day so I dont personally feel I need it. Im 20, active, have a healthy diet and lifestyle so those are all the reasons I decided against it.

However, good luck, Ive read about a lot of people who have done it and seen great results, not only skin wise but also fatigue, allergies, headaches, etc. Hope all goes well :)

I recently saw a homeopath and he told me to do a liver and colon cleanse/flush.

I just received my stuff, and I decided to send it back and not do it. After reading this post, Im actually quite happy I decided against it, haha.

No offense is intended here, I think its cool that your doing it, but once I started reading stories and talking to family members who do it, I got too grossed out and nervous. Ive seen pictures of long stringy stuff, looking like tar, and those stones, I'd rather not deal with that. haha

On top of that, most doctors ive talked to in the past week (my family is mostly in the medical field and work in hospitals) they all said its great for constipated people, but I am regular, 1-3 times a day so I dont personally feel I need it. Im 20, active, have a healthy diet and lifestyle so those are all the reasons I decided against it.

However, good luck, Ive read about a lot of people who have done it and seen great results, not only skin wise but also fatigue, allergies, headaches, etc. Hope all goes well :)

How old are you all? I honestly can't believe that some of these people here could have gallstones already. :S