Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyron

Extremely shiny skin

I use tretinoin %0.05 twice a week before i go to bed and use bp %5 for spot treatment. I wash my face with La Roche Posay Effaclar cleanser at nights and just with warm water in the mornings. I use Avene spf 50+ as a sunscreen.

Although my regime keeps my skin somewhat clear i can't figure out why my skin shines so much. It's ok in the mornings but after some time,say in the afternoon, it gets unbearable. Any idea that might be helpful is greatly appreciated:)

spf 50+ is strong as heck, and it shines alot

but yeah, you gotta live with it, you have to use sunblock and sunblock is shiny

i would try low dose accutane. that stuff DESTROYS oil. you'll look like a porcelain doll, i swear. if not that then try clean and clear oil blotting sheets. :]

i would try low dose accutane. that stuff DESTROYS oil. you'll look like a porcelain doll, i swear. if not that then try clean and clear oil blotting sheets. :]

I used to have an extremely shiny skin as well and ppl asked like "What did you do? Did you rub yourself with some shiny oil or cream or something?". And I always said it was because I cycled too hard. :redface:

For me it didn't stop in 1 or 2 weeks but it took me months to get rid of it(in my case, but everyone is different ofc.)

When I started to use DKR it became wayy less than before.(I used it every morning+evening).

Then I started to only use it in the morning and it became even more less and I'm sticking to that right now. I think I'll try to use even less soon.

I was basically using the wrong cleanser + using it too often.

So perhaps you should try to do your regimen less often and try to change cleanser(perhaps give Dan's cleanser a try)?

(PS: I still have a shiny skin occassionaly but it's way less than before.. your born with it or not :P )

I tried using BP with tretinoin once. My face actually was not shining this much but it got flaky, swollen and really red. When i use bp as a spot treatment option, it's OK but my face can't cope with the irritation when i use it on my whole face.

I don't think you should be using such a high spf. The neutrogena ultra sheer spf 30 sunblock is really good and doesn't leave the skin looking shiny. Some people can't adapt to using bp everywhere, so be careful about continuing with bp. If your skin gets more aggravated stick to retinoids or an antibiotic.

also, oil blotting sheets are okay, but they can also cause more oil production when overused. I buy the rite aid brand that doesn't have mineral oil in it, which can cause acne in some people.

I use La Roche Posay Anthelios XL SPF50+ Extreme Fluide and it doesn't make me shiny at all.

Try a product like OC Eight Professional Mattifying Gel

I also think that SPF50+ might be too much but that's what my derm suggested me. I try to apply lesser amounts of sunscreen nowadays. My skin looks good right after i apply the ss but after a few hours i look like as if i ran a mile and just stopped for a water break..

I use La Roche Posay Anthelios XL SPF50+ Extreme Fluide and it doesn't make me shiny at all.

Try a product like OC Eight Professional Mattifying Gel