Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lord

PEACH FUZZ - how to get rid of it?

Hey guys and girls.

Recently I've been getting 'nice peach fuzz' comments from people. My bf, mentioned it twice to me and I feel really embarrassed about it. I don't want a hairy face. Currently I have more peach fuzz than most people.

What's the best way to get rid of it? I still have some active acne so I don't want to do anything that might aggravate my skin too much. And why am I suddenly getting so much anyway?

Sally Hansen makes a hair remover cream for the face. Test a small patch first, to make sure you don't have a bad reaction.

I wouldn't shave it, otherwise, when it grows back it will be stubble.

You can pluck with tweezers (that will take forever). You can bleach it if the hair is dark. Or, this is more risky for acne-prone skin, you can wax it off. I wax. If you do decide to wax, you will want to immediately after waxing, apply cold compresses to your entire facial area to help prevent redness and irritation and calm the skin from the trauma you've just given it. After I wax my face, makeup just glides on so smoothly I love it! :D

i use a facial trimmer too, but i'm really not happy with it. the hair doesn't grow back darker, but it's a little stubbly to the touch. i need a better solution too.. but i'm afraid to use harsh hair removal creams or wax because i think i'd rather have peach fuzz than aggravated acne. ughh why can't i have NEITHER?

Honestly, my acne never got aggravated when I waxed. But I do have skin of steel that doesn't care about much of anything.

So take my experience with a huge heaping of salt and be careful (and ICE) if you do decide to wax. I do not know if a professional might be more gentle or better; that would be something to consider.

I used Sally Hansen's Brazilian wax kit for my face. I used to use SurgiWax but they changed their formula and I don't use it anymore.

wow glamourous is it worth $40 bucks? ...does it really take away the hair for 4-6 weeks?

Well I dont know where exactly you are getting this peach fuzz, but most women get it above their upper lip. This is normal - dont freak out. Like many people said bleach or wax it. I have a little and wax once a month or less. Its nothing to be embarrassed about. My boyfriend knows I wax ..his sister bleaches hers. I'd rather wax though - if the hair is noticeable, why make it a lighter color? Its still there.

look.. isnt this the same thing as that $40 epilator thing?? http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...amp;catid=50621

its way cheaper! hmm i might have to consider this.

does it bring back the hair darker??? i have a lil bit of an acne prob on my upper lip 2..so im scared to buy this.

EDIT: hmm nevermind... it says trimmer..duh haha. anyway.. i am still wondering about the hair coming back darker??

If the hair is removed by the root it seems to grow back finer and thinner over time, and there is no stubble either. I cannot say for sure if trimmed or shaved hair grows back thicker or coarser, but it certainly does grow back with stubble and that's NOT pleasant on the face at all.

I'd not trim the hair on the face, I'd epilate it, snatch it out by the roots!

Glam, I too have peach fuzz ALL over my face. My forehead is least affected. If the hair were dark, I'd look as furry as any man, except it is not as thick. But there sure is a lot of it anyway. That's why I like waxing, it leaves such a marvelously smooth surface.

For the legs, I like my Braun Silk Epil Xelle. They ought to pay me a commission for all my recommendations of it! I've used that epilator on the face, but it seemed to break the hair in some spots rather than rip it out and it hurts like hell on the upper lip!!!! Worse than under arms or even bikini area. Waxing is a lot less painful.

Hmm, I don't know, my grandma plucks hair from her face and it grows back like stubble (weird I know -_-).

Plus, when you pluck any fine hair (by accident) from around your eyebrows, it grows back darker. =\

Sounds like waxing is the best solution. Hopefully my skin can handle it without any unpleasant side effects. My hair is really only noticable to me, but I need to do something because makeup would go on so much more smoothly!

look.. isnt this the same thing as that $40 epilator thing?? http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...amp;catid=50621

its way cheaper! hmm i might have to consider this.

does it bring back the hair darker??? i have a lil bit of an acne prob on my upper lip 2..so im scared to buy this.

EDIT: hmm nevermind... it says trimmer..duh haha. anyway.. i am still wondering about the hair coming back darker??

Hmm well I'm fuzzy too :/ I get lase r hair removal but ergghh its too expensive..worth it..but expenisve I think I will get my face waxed but how long will it last and wont I get ingrown hairs from waxing and/or epilators??

i wonder if peach fuzz has something to do with having acne? Like it traps the oil and dirt?? I have peach fuzz that is very light...but it's fuzzy! It's so annoying:(

I know. I'm the fuzziest on my nose & forehead. IDK why. Hormonal? Maybe.

I used to wax, but I think it was too harsh for me so that is why I use the epilator. I don't break out afterwards b/c I steam & then ice my face.

My hair grows back thinner and less prominent unless I go on a shaving/trimming spree.

I started getting darker peach fuzz on my cheeks, above my lip, and on my chin after I used astringent because of my acne. ]: Even though I use smooth away above my lip (and the hair grows thin still) I was wondering, between waxing and epilators/plucking, which is the better way to get rid of the peach fuzz?

I've tried waxing before, hurt like hell and some of the wax got stuck to my skin and the hair wasn't even gone, I suppose you'd have to get it done professionally, I just pluck or bleach.

I wax. BUT it takes practice to do it well. When I wax, there's no extra wax and no stuck hairs. It's just a matter of experience and practice.

I wax my entire face except forehead every few months. :P I guess I really DO have some cat genes. *sigh* It's all pale peach fuzz and never ever grows back darker or with stubble.

BUT it might aggravate someone with active acne. ICE like mad afterwards if you do decide to do this. RIIIIIIP the wax off fast and smoothly in one direction to ensure total hair removal. It just takes practice and figuring out how it works best. Don't scream as you RIIIPPP off the wax. That might ruin the smooth rip.

Wynne, you don't have to wax it except every few months? That's good then. If I decide actually to try it, it's kind of reassuring that I have the possiblility of not having to do it again for a while.

Wynne, you don't have to wax it except every few months? That's good then. If I decide actually to try it, it's kind of reassuring that I have the possiblility of not having to do it again for a while.

Well, I do let it grow out but it does grow much more slowly than on the legs.

If you have active acne, don't wax the whole face. My skin's just tolerant of that kind of thing plus I don't have active acne.

If anyone wants to try, just do one strip first and give it a few days to see how it goes for you. If there's irritation or a breakout, then you know not to do it again and certainly not over the whole face! eek.

PLEASE use an ice cube afterwards, gently running it over the whole face. That will help with irritation as well.

A few things:

If you shave, your hair does not grow back thicker or darker; that is a myth. It creates a blunt tip on the hairs that makes the new hair appear darker and thicker, but it actually isn't. What you do to the hair on the surface is unable to affect the hair that grows in. However, there are two cons to shaving:

1) Stubble. Yuckkk, especially on the face.

2) Irritation. Girls, all the guys on this board who shave have struggled with shaving and their acne, especially with it causing acne.

I sometimes thread my face, because I have a lot of peach fuzz, but it's hard for me to thread the hairiest part of my face; right above my cheekbones. It's so sensitive. Also, threading is very time consuming, and I just don't have time for it. I'm going to look into an epilator for sure.