Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
timmoore

what about zileuton to reduce sebum/

there was soem stuides back for a few years ago about zileutin a drug that treats asthma to treat acne by its anti-inflammatory effect and by reducing sebum.

they did a clinci trial and didnt get approved for acne because did significaly reduce moderate to severe acne enough. but it still may reduce sebum. something to look into.

there was soem stuides back for a few years ago about zileutin a drug that treats asthma to treat acne by its anti-inflammatory effect and by reducing sebum.

they did a clinci trial and didnt get approved for acne because did significaly reduce moderate to severe acne enough. but it still may reduce sebum. something to look into.

Do you have any links to studies?

thansk for the artilce radikal. it seems both oxy and zyflo reduce sebum.

oxy seems ot work altot faster. they claim 4 days to redcue 70%, which seems to good to be true.

while take 12 weeks to recue that amount of sebum, which seems more relastic.

I'm really starting to think that sebum is not an important aspect of acne at all. I've seen way too many people with great but oily skin. In fact, I think the oil on clear skin actually makes it look healthy....

I'm really starting to think that sebum is not an important aspect of acne at all. I've seen way too many people with great but oily skin. In fact, I think the oil on clear skin actually makes it look healthy....

There is interesting research that shows that your sebum proiles look different, depending on the food you eat. In other words, the composition of the sebum can be influenced by your diet. That might be an explanation of the greasy vs oily thing.

...and I'm beginning to think that oil and sebum are two different things (certainly having different viscosity, and probably chemically as well). I think sebum is the bad guy (low viscosity, plugs pores), whereas oil is more of a nuisance. Both are secreted by the sebaceous gland. Sebum looks like grease, oil makes the face shiny. I get plenty of both :(

I'm not sure why I think this way; I may have read this in dermatology articles, but I can't reference any off the top of my head. anyone can help?

I'm really starting to think that sebum is not an important aspect of acne at all. I've seen way too many people with great but oily skin.
...and I'm beginning to think that oil and sebum are two different things (certainly having different viscosity, and probably chemically as well). I think sebum is the bad guy (low viscosity, plugs pores), whereas oil is more of a nuisance. Both are secreted by the sebaceous gland. Sebum looks like grease, oil makes the face shiny. I get plenty of both :(

I'm not sure why I think this way; I may have read this in dermatology articles, but I can't reference any off the top of my head. anyone can help?

You don't need Zileuton, there's a study by Wake Forest University researchers that showed that a combo of Omega-3 and gamma-linolenic acid could decrease the the anti-inflammatory chemicals the same as Zileuton.