Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
greentea101

to those that have black hair

I was wondering if anyone with black hair ( asian type ) gets bleach by accidentally putting bp on their hair??

When bp get into ur hair does it mean that its gonna bleach right away???

Sometime when I apply bp on my face I accidentally put some on my side burn line or forehead hair line.... not a big deal, I just dont wanna look like a clown with puncho line and grey lemon side burn

I was wondering if anyone with black hair ( asian type ) gets bleach by accidentally putting bp on their hair??

Sometime when I apply bp on my face I accidentally put some on my side burn line or forehead hair line.... not a big deal, I just dont wanna look like a clown with puncho line and grey lemon side burn

doesn't bleach hair if you get some on it occasionally. maybe if you use it everyday twice a day it might gradually lighten the hair.

It doesn't bleach my hair. I'm new to the regimen. My hair is not black, but it's very dark brown. My eyebrows are, too. I've accidently got some BP all around my hairline and in my eyebrows. No bleaching yet. Hope it stays that way tho!! :D

Hate to be the negative one, but I have pretty close to black hair, and although I never noticed anything around my hair line, BP definitely bleached out the edges of my eyebrows (no matter how carefully I tried to avoid them and wiping them with a damp cloth after application).

I use it on my eyebrow area twice daily and so far no bleaching (I've black hair too). I'm using PanOxyl Acnegel BP 2.5, and have honestly noticed it doesn't bleach much at all very easily, some people on here have big whines about clothes etc... I'm not very careful (often wipe my fingers on my clothes after doing the regimen) and nothing really seems to get affected.

One towel has been getting bleached (probably lousy dye) but that's the only thing I've noticed it happening to, in 3+ years of benzoyl peroxide use. So maybe some brands of BP bleach more than others? Just a thought.

Different brands bleach the same--it's the type of dye used in the clothing that affects whether it changes colors or not. Usually the lighter blues and greens are most affected (will turn orange/pink).

My hair does change color slightly and it's dark brown (almost black). I try to avoid the hair line and eyebrows.

I have very dark brown hair and bp bleaches my hairline and the tips of my eyebrows to ash blond over several months of daily application. If it helps, my hair is also very fine, and the few Asian friends who have let me play with their hair have had noticeably thicker/coarser hair than me. On the bright side, maybe bp has a harder time penetrating the hair shaft if it's thicker.

Edit: Oh, and bp bleached all of my facial hair, turning the fine black hair above my upper lip into fine blond hair. Sweetness.

I have very dark brown hair and bp bleaches my hairline and the tips of my eyebrows to ash blond over several months of daily application. If it helps, my hair is also very fine, and the few Asian friends who have let me play with their hair have had noticeably thicker/coarser hair than me. On the bright side, maybe bp has a harder time penetrating the hair shaft if it's thicker.

Edit: Oh, and bp bleached all of my facial hair, turning the fine black hair above my upper lip into fine blond hair. Sweetness.

Yeah, my hair has been fine, but when I had a beard that got bleached from applying the BP every day. But nothing from accidental slips and such.