Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nukacola

Been on the regimen for nine weeks

As the title says, I've been on the regimen for nine weeks now. All of my inflammatory acne is gone. Might get a pustule or two sometimes but it's rare, might be caused by the fact that I sometimes tend to use a little too much force when putting the BP on. I know, I shouldn't.

Now I'd like to get rid of these non-inflammatory whiteheads that keep appearing on my cheeks. My moisturizer from Eucerin already contains a mild AHA, lactid acid, which should help but it seems that it's not enough. I was wondering if I should try the 2% salicylic acid gel or the 8% alpha hydroxy acid gel, both by Paula's Choice. What would you recommend?

By the way, I have tried exfoliating manually with the baby brush method and it's really not for me. OK, it feels amazing how soft and clear your skin is after the first time you do it, but for me it kept going to the worse. Now matter how gentle I tried to be, my skin got irritated and red from some spots after doing it, followed by some small breakouts in a few days.

The Paula's Choice 2% salicylic acid is very good for blackheads and whiteheads, i'd recommend it. But if your skin is dry on the regimen I wouldn't recommend it as it may irritate your skin more. Possibly apply it a few times a week, mix a few drops of the liquid one in your moisturizer. Let us know how it goes.

My skin is actually doing very good and it's not dry at all, thanks to the moisturizer from Eucerin. Even BP doesn't irritate it at all.

So I think I will order some of that salicylic acid gel, liquid or lotion. I can just add a few drops of it to my moisturizer and apply it after the BP like I have been doing?