Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
___christina

Completely Lost! Help Me Please!

I've posted before naming all the things I've tried - which Im sure you guys have gone through the same thing as well.

I finally made the promise to myself to stop picking! I've seen the results of people who have continued to pick and it is just horrible. I dont want that to happen to me, but I know the temptation is hard to resist. Any pointers?

Anyway - I dont know if my skin care should be changed. Attached is a picture of what I look like right now without makeup - with makeup I can make that all disappear and look as though I have clear skin, but I dont want to have to deal with that my whole life!

Does this picture remind any of you of yourself? If so, what do you use? I'm running out of ideas!

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg27/ti...001blockout.jpg

Your picture reminds me a lot of myself (and not just because we have the same lips). :P Y'know, I saw somewhere that for women who break out primarly 'round their chin/mouth and jawline, it could be related to hormones... don't quote me on that though. :P

Your picture reminds me a lot of myself (and not just because we have the same lips). :P Y'know, I saw somewhere that for women who break out primarly 'round their chin/mouth and jawline, it could be related to hormones... don't quote me on that though. :P

Hahaha.

So how did you get your acne under control in that area? Thats really the only place I break out.

If its caused by hormones....how do we regulate it? Fighting it with more hormones? Birth control?

Birth control would probably be an effective way to treat it. :D You should go see your doc about it and get their take on it. You could also do a thread search on DIM (Diindolylmethane) on here, I've read lots of good things about it, although I haven't used it personally. I was on BC a while back and it helped a lot, but I was hell of lazy with it and stopped taking it after a while. I just have a simple regimen now that keeps things mostly under control. I've been putting off seeing the doctor about birth control for a while but I should go back and see him about it, really.

Same with me, my acne is hormonal and mainly on the bottom part of my face. BC controls it for me. I went on ortho tricylen lo last year and it took about 5 months until I really started to see changes. It has worked wonders for me, you should check it out.

Birth control would probably be an effective way to treat it. :D You should go see your doc about it and get their take on it. You could also do a thread search on DIM (Diindolylmethane) on here, I've read lots of good things about it, although I haven't used it personally. I was on BC a while back and it helped a lot, but I was hell of lazy with it and stopped taking it after a while. I just have a simple regimen now that keeps things mostly under control. I've been putting off seeing the doctor about birth control for a while but I should go back and see him about it, really.

Thank you so much for the help. Im going to really look into this. What BC were you on?

Hai hai, birth control and also BP.

I have similar looking outbreaks to you when I am reaching the end of my pack of BC, and I am finding that BP help alot!

Have to use it every day though, and when I get a spot come up I try to smother it in as much BP as possible (just onto the spot). Dries the bastard right up.

if you ever get off of BC...please please sart doing topicals or something...i broke out like crazy once getting off of BC...and i never had a skin problem to begin with!!!

i never knew that it would happen....so just be ready and prepare for it...then it wont be bad.

I've posted before naming all the things I've tried - which Im sure you guys have gone through the same thing as well.

I finally made the promise to myself to stop picking! I've seen the results of people who have continued to pick and it is just horrible. I dont want that to happen to me, but I know the temptation is hard to resist. Any pointers?

Anyway - I dont know if my skin care should be changed. Attached is a picture of what I look like right now without makeup - with makeup I can make that all disappear and look as though I have clear skin, but I dont want to have to deal with that my whole life!

Does this picture remind any of you of yourself? If so, what do you use? I'm running out of ideas!

This is my regimen

Topically

You need something that exfoliates skin (Benzoyl Peroxide)

You also need something that promotes cell turnover (Differin)

Supplements

1. Essential Fatty Acids (To balance hormones)

2. Psyllium Husk powder (2 tablespoones 3 times a day 2 hours after a meal)

3. Digestive enzymes

4. Betein HCL to break food down.

5. A good balanced multivitamin, or seperately A, B, C, E.

6. Acidopholus (3billion + 4 strain bacteria Like FiveLac)

7. Anti Candida supps (Anti-Candi)

8. Taurine 1000mg after each meal

Add these supplements 1 by one and see what progress you make, if posotive then continue, if negative then negate.

Diet

Avoid all sugar that contains ose i.e. Fructose.

Avoid all vegetable oil.

Avoid wheat & Dairy.

Other

Get plenty on sunshine (shrinks oil glands)

Plenty of exercise and rest.

Finally think posotive and you shall with the help of god overcome this disease.

proactiv would probably clear that up. (or some sort of benzoyl peroxide).

A long time ago I tried proactiv (in high school). The funny thing is that, then, my skin wasnt this bad AT ALL. I would get a pimple or two - if that! - right before my period. Maybe I should try it again. I know what the commercials say, but I found for most people Ive spoken with - it doesnt help. :/

This is my regimen

Topically

You need something that exfoliates skin (Benzoyl Peroxide)

You also need something that promotes cell turnover (Differin)

Supplements

1. Essential Fatty Acids (To balance hormones)

2. Psyllium Husk powder (2 tablespoones 3 times a day 2 hours after a meal)

3. Digestive enzymes

4. Betein HCL to break food down.

5. A good balanced multivitamin, or seperately A, B, C, E.

6. Acidopholus (3billion + 4 strain bacteria Like FiveLac)

7. Anti Candida supps (Anti-Candi)

8. Taurine 1000mg after each meal

Add these supplements 1 by one and see what progress you make, if posotive then continue, if negative then negate.

Diet

Avoid all sugar that contains ose i.e. Fructose.

Avoid all vegetable oil.

Avoid wheat & Dairy.

Other

Get plenty on sunshine (shrinks oil glands)

Plenty of exercise and rest.

Finally think posotive and you shall with the help of god overcome this disease.

Thank you so much for responding! Im allergic to dairy products so thats out, but Im thinking the weekend bar stops are killing me (Ive heard beer can cause an imbalance with your skin).

When I started college three years ago, I stopped exercising. :/ Highschool kept me active somewhat with cheerleading (I know I know). Now I do nothing. Thank goodness I have a good metabolism (:knock on wood:). My boyfriends sister has been asking me to go to pilates with her, maybe Ill try it.

What do you use for cell turnover (what contains differin)?

that's true! women who get cysts/acne around their mouth/chin area is due to testerone hormonal crap.. i've been on all antibiotics/creams - nothing is working. since my cysts are always around my chin, my derma said it was hormonal and put me on spironolact which controls breakouts for that area- i am starting accutane in a month. but yes, talk to your derma about this! i feel your pain ! :(

You need a prescription for Differin. Differin and Retin-A both promote cell turnover. If you buy a product with retinol in it, it does the same thing (but to a much lesser extent). Differin is adalapene and Retin-A is tretinonin. I am pretty sure I spelled both of those wrong though!

I get painful red bumps like those on my cheeks and sometimes my chin, that leave red marks after they are gone. I recently (within the last 3 weeks) went on BC (Desogen) and am started using Retin-A at night and benzoyl peroxide in the morning.

I was on BenzaClin in college and it worked nicely for the more painful flareups. (prescription combo of Benzoyl Peroxide and topical antibiotic Clindamycin)

I am A LOT better this month than I was in the past few months.

I've been told it is good to pair something topical with birth control. Good luck!

Honestly, I don't remember. It was a few years back now, my memory is really terrible. :P There are lots of people here who are on BC who can give you some good names of them, though.

Yeah, I was told that forehead pimples were related to stress, cheeks - digestion and chin, hormones. I got facial extractions done monthly which helped minimize and control my acne but it was extremely painful.

Now I'm using, Dan's BP and for moisturizer, I combine Aloe Gel & 2 drops of jojoba oil.

First my skin was extremely dry and red from the BP harshness, so I discontinued using it for 3 days. Then I reduced the dosage and applied only on my forehead and chin. Been on it for about a month now and my skin is fairly clear. I would say like 97% acne clear. The ones that do appear, disappears within few days of BP application. You should give it a try. It has worked for me :D Now what to do with my acne scars... :think:

Yeah, I was told that forehead pimples were related to stress, cheeks - digestion and chin, hormones. I got facial extractions done monthly which helped minimize and control my acne but it was extremely painful.

Now I'm using, Dan's BP and for moisturizer, I combine Aloe Gel & 2 drops of jojoba oil.

First my skin was extremely dry and red from the BP harshness, so I discontinued using it for 3 days. Then I reduced the dosage and applied only on my forehead and chin. Been on it for about a month now and my skin is fairly clear. I would say like 97% acne clear. The ones that do appear, disappears within few days of BP application. You should give it a try. It has worked for me :D Now what to do with my acne scars... :think:

So it seems Im really breaking out due to hormones - atleast thats what everyone keeps telling me. :) Ill look into the BC. As far as BP goes I feel it may be a little too harsh. Putting on something to dry out your skin and then something else to moisturize it and counteract what you just did - I just feel like thats really taking a toll on your skin. I dont know....

Maybe Ill try the proactiv again.

When you find something for acne scars let me know!!

So it seems Im really breaking out due to hormones - atleast thats what everyone keeps telling me. :) Ill look into the BC. As far as BP goes I feel it may be a little too harsh. Putting on something to dry out your skin and then something else to moisturize it and counteract what you just did - I just feel like thats really taking a toll on your skin. I dont know....

Maybe Ill try the proactiv again.

When you find something for acne scars let me know!!

Adult acne is also more prevelant along the jaw line and chin area. I too began to break out when going off BC. I battled for years with every drug you can think of. I finally resported to Accutane. I am on day 14 and loving it!! No more painful cystic break outs, not even around the time of my period. I also use Duac and Ziana (both topical prescriptions gels) and wash with Cetaphil bar soap.

Looks a lot like my skin too. My chin has become such a problem area for me. Sprionolactone with BCP or just straight-up Yasmin BCP really helped me! I can't use either now though since I'm trying to get pregnant. If you aren't trying to get pregnant, I'd say you should give Yasmin or just spiro a shot!

Im debating whether to order proactiv again or not. :/

If you want a regimen like that you're better off doing the DKR. I've heard a few success stories on Proactiv, but also lots of horror stories... unfortunately I was part of the latter. It left me with chemical burns and dried my skin out something horrible. The main part of the Proactiv regimen is BP, anyway... you could just buy a gentle cleanser, a BP product and a moisturizer and get the same results without all the extra steps (and cost). I think with skin care, less is definitely more.

Also, all of the Proactiv products smell awful. :P Don't waste your time on it if it didn't work the first time 'round... sometimes when the commercials come on I find myself wanting to order it again because of all the flashy advertising, then I stop and think "...what the hell am I thinking? That crap burned layers off my skin and left me crumpled in a corner in tears."

It will take a hell of a lot more than Jessica Simpson making ditz-faces and trying to be cute to get me to put that crap on my face again.

It will take a hell of a lot more than Jessica Simpson making ditz-faces and trying to be cute to get me to put that crap on my face again.

Hahah. Thanks for the laugh.

My skin has been under control these past few days. I havent picked my face in 5 days! Woo hoo! and Ive been using the BP that I have left over from proactiv. Im running out of cleanser (jurlique - foaming face wash/rebalance oiliness)...so Im wonder if I should try the proativ again or something new or just buy more jurlique.

Hey...from one adult to another I've learned that putting all of those chemicals on your face is actually doing more harm than good. It may temporarily clear things up..but do you really want to rely on those products each and everyday...wondering if you are going to break out? I just want to recommend you guys check out the link in my signature. It has helped me a lot and my face is slowly but surely clearing up because of it. If you don't like the idea then I understand I just figured I could maybe help someone out. Hope this helps!

Tim