Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

Have lurked too long on this board and finally have to post.

The history of my scars- a botched co2 laser, which other derms in retrospect said i should never have gone for given my skin coloration

- AHA peels, up to 70% strength. did it concurrently with accutane, with very bad effects(part of my cheek burned off, leaving a scab and later a pink discolouration that lasted for months).

-IPL- was painful and did not see results

- ND-yag. am not sure if it is ND-yag but that was what the derm told me.

-TCA cross for ice pick scarring. didn't see results. hated the accompanying discoloration

-saline injections. no results

-Fraxel- the best results for me so far. modulated a lot of the acne scars.

-recently tried dermaroller(2mm needles). found it too painful and i did not see any results.

am now trying needling and have read that it's not very effective for ice pick scarring but it seems to work on the softer scars(however temporary the swelling).

question is- what ARE those scars that look like open pores(as per pictures).

most websites recommend punch excision for ice pick scarring but am not sure if the method would work for small open-pore like scarring?

is there anything else that could work? another post on this board i'd read recommended tca cross but it doesn't work for me...

post-75438-1209381332_thumb.jpg

post-75438-1209381332_thumb.jpg

am adding another photo- the other one seems to be too blurred. red marks are from self-needling.

Hi,

Have lurked too long on this board and finally have to post.

The history of my scars- a botched co2 laser, which other derms in retrospect said i should never have gone for given my skin coloration

- AHA peels, up to 70% strength. did it concurrently with accutane, with very bad effects(part of my cheek burned off, leaving a scab and later a pink discolouration that lasted for months).

-IPL- was painful and did not see results

- ND-yag. am not sure if it is ND-yag but that was what the derm told me.

-TCA cross for ice pick scarring. didn't see results. hated the accompanying discoloration

-saline injections. no results

-Fraxel- the best results for me so far. modulated a lot of the acne scars.

-recently tried dermaroller(2mm needles). found it too painful and i did not see any results.

am now trying needling and have read that it's not very effective for ice pick scarring but it seems to work on the softer scars(however temporary the swelling).

question is- what ARE those scars that look like open pores(as per pictures).

most websites recommend punch excision for ice pick scarring but am not sure if the method would work for small open-pore like scarring?

is there anything else that could work? another post on this board i'd read recommended tca cross but it doesn't work for me...

Get some numbing cream and give that roller another go, its supposed to be great for what you want, also use retin-a afterwards to increase effectiveness.

Anyway your skin looks good, probly alot better without the needling red marks.

Goodluck

Thanks Walnut! retin-a made my skin very sensitive(gets red and itchy on sun exposure). will give the roller another go, although will try the home-use roller instead. the 2mm was really the most painful treatment i'd ever done(i had numbing cream).

are those enlarged pores really ice pick scarring?

thanks again!

Get some numbing cream and give that roller another go, its supposed to be great for what you want, also use retin-a afterwards to increase effectiveness.

Goodluck

Just to let you know, You won't see any TCA CROSS results until like 3 treatments.

Many times it takes 6-9 or more treatments to get even the enlarged pores, that look like shallow icepicks, to level off with the skin.

http://books.google.com/books?id=gaAjvCTZc...-1_4Q#PPA270,M1

Oh, and 2mm is pretty hardcore, The most I'd try to attempt myself is 1.5mm

And don't get punch excision, it would be an excessive procedure for those.

Thanks Walnut! retin-a made my skin very sensitive(gets red and itchy on sun exposure). will give the roller another go, although will try the home-use roller instead. the 2mm was really the most painful treatment i'd ever done(i had numbing cream).

are those enlarged pores really ice pick scarring?

thanks again!

Goodluck

If there is any way at all you can try to tolerate Retin A (even in the lowest strength made but not the cream), that is what I'd suggest for the scarring you have. It doesn't appear to be very deep or very extensive. Retin A helps even deep scarring and extensive scarring, but it does take patience. It can take up to a year to see significant benefits with Retin A and I'd suggest snapping images of yourself every month or so to keep track of your progress. You won't be able to see the progress from day to day, but you will be able to see it if you keep a digital record. It really works.

do NOT do punch excision....u will end up with a bigger scar where the punch excision was.....i had 2 done and the area stayed dark red for years, even after the Co2 and one of them became more of a rolling scar after it healed, but the ice pick was gone at least.....worst mistake i made with my skin......

Wow, I have the same kind of scarring, mine are on my chin area and the sides of my face though..what im going to try is vitamin E oil..im kinda nervous to tryu it since its "oil" but maybe if you just apply it to the scarred area, than it wont break you out, also I think maybe you have the same kinda skin as I do...Are you trying alot of different products on your skin to see what will work??? cuz thats what I was doing and now I am soooo broken out, I think I'm going to try the clean & clear advantage...but get back at me and let me know what youre thinking about doing and I'll let you know if it works for me.

I recomend you to use Retin A micro before going to bed. Apply think layer. Rub it into the skin using your fingger. My skin was sensative to Retin A but it's getting better. No break outs anymore.

Day time, use mama lotion or nucelle mendalic serum. Don't forget to use sunscreen over it. Wait for about 15 mins before you apply. Once your face is cleared of acne, go for dermarolling.

Just to let you know, You won't see any TCA CROSS results until like 3 treatments.

Many times it takes 6-9 or more treatments to get even the enlarged pores, that look like shallow icepicks, to level off with the skin.

Wow, I have the same kind of scarring, mine are on my chin area and the sides of my face though..what im going to try is vitamin E oil..im kinda nervous to tryu it since its "oil" but maybe if you just apply it to the scarred area, than it wont break you out, also I think maybe you have the same kinda skin as I do...Are you trying alot of different products on your skin to see what will work??? cuz thats what I was doing and now I am soooo broken out, I think I'm going to try the clean & clear advantage...but get back at me and let me know what youre thinking about doing and I'll let you know if it works for me.

do NOT do punch excision....u will end up with a bigger scar where the punch excision was.....i had 2 done and the area stayed dark red for years, even after the Co2 and one of them became more of a rolling scar after it healed, but the ice pick was gone at least.....worst mistake i made with my skin......

If there is any way at all you can try to tolerate Retin A (even in the lowest strength made but not the cream), that is what I'd suggest for the scarring you have. It doesn't appear to be very deep or very extensive. Retin A helps even deep scarring and extensive scarring, but it does take patience. It can take up to a year to see significant benefits with Retin A and I'd suggest snapping images of yourself every month or so to keep track of your progress. You won't be able to see the progress from day to day, but you will be able to see it if you keep a digital record. It really works.

Hey Shanandoah,

Well I never tried the vitamin e gel form the capsule..but I might just try that..

and Im sorry I didnt understand what you mean by "ren moisturizer" I am desperate to get rid of my scars ={ But thank you for the advice on the aloe vera.

Hey Shanandoah,

Well I never tried the vitamin e gel form the capsule..but I might just try that..

and Im sorry I didnt understand what you mean by "ren moisturizer" I am desperate to get rid of my scars ={ But thank you for the advice on the aloe vera.

Hey Shanandoah,

hey, quick question..

does the acv have to be organic for topical use??

i have the heinz brand of acv and i dont know what to do, i dilute it 2 tablespoons water and 1 tablespoon acv and how long do i leave it on?

hey, quick question..

does the acv have to be organic for topical use??

i have the heinz brand of acv and i dont know what to do, i dilute it 2 tablespoons water and 1 tablespoon acv and how long do i leave it on?

O dang..THANK YOU for telling me that lol i just starting using my heinz brand ACV and put it on a couple active pimples :/ but I'll be sure not to put it back on the active pimples :)

Ok- I'd given the dermaroller another go. The self-needling took away most, of the more prominent larger scars on the left of the cheek. The scars on the right(enlarged pores, large shallow ones) did not seem to respond.

Have been dermarolling once a month for two months using a 1.5mm dermaroller. Once a week in between, i use a 0.5mm dermaroller with topical vitamin C as seems to be the practice for the ladies on essentialdayspa.

Other than a nice redness on my cheeks after and a general smoothening of my left cheek, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of results. I don't understand why the shallow scarring on my right cheek(in fact, anything on my right cheek) fails to respond.

Am I being too impatient / is my skin just not responding to dermarolling/ should I upgrade to, say a 2.5mm/3mm? I do understand the latter needs to be done under medical supervision and would require anaesthesia?

If there is any way at all you can try to tolerate Retin A (even in the lowest strength made but not the cream), that is what I'd suggest for the scarring you have.

Why not the cream? i been using the cream and not a big difference yet.

From what I could tell, the picture looks more like rolling scars, rather than ice pick scarring. I have similiar scarring and have found fraxel and fillers to be helpful.

Guest delta force operators

hadley rose, how much fraxels did u get and wich one, what fillers do u use and overall what is the percentage of improvement in ur scars? Are u satisfied?