Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was just wondering if anyone else waits till they're in their homes safe from onlookers or in private areas when they check out the recent stuff on acne.org?

I ask this because I'd be sitting in college lectures bored out of my mind wanting to stab myself so I'd whip out my lap top and want to check the latest and greatest on acne.org. But then I'd look at the people sitting beside me and didn't want to bring any more attention to myself and want them to know I was looking at an "Acne" site.

Anyone else hide away to check this place out? 'Cause it's different right...not like you're browsing amazon or checking sport scores.

I was just wondering if anyone else waits till they're in their homes safe from onlookers or in private areas when they check out the recent stuff on acne.org?

I ask this because I'd be sitting in college lectures bored out of my mind wanting to stab myself so I'd whip out my lap top and want to check the latest and greatest on acne.org. But then I'd look at the people sitting beside me and didn't want to bring any more attention to myself and want them to know I was looking at an "Acne" site.

Anyone else hide away to check this place out? 'Cause it's different right...not like you're browsing amazon or checking sport scores.

lol those were just examples...haha....jesus.....so do you hide away or do you proclaim the religion of acne.org to the world :D???

depends, I kinda don't really care but then I'd be embarrassed in front of some people if I knew they were defo watching.

i figured when my acne was horid that they could already obviously tell that acne was part of my life. Now that ive been through it all and pretty much just have scars I really dont give a hoot what people think. Its just a community of people. Hell I know at least a couple of people that i've brought into the Org fold bc they saw my scars, this site, and never knew about a place where they could freely discuss acne.

My family and close friends know I frequent this website and I don't hide it from them. I talk openly to them about my skin issues.

When I'm at work I turn the logo off, so it's not as obvious. Perhaps you could try this and if anyone asks just tell them it's a health and nutrition website. ;)

Ha no way do I let anyone see what I'm doing! I get embarrased I don't know why. Okay so now my acne is bad again :( it isn't so bad but I think when I was clear then it did look a bit weird looking at an acne site lol..

Apparently I don't from posting pictures, but honestly, who ca-ca-currs? It's not like the other person isn't checking out the same website when they find you.

People know that I use it, just I get uncomfortble when they are over my shoulder, that is really annoying to me

My family and close friends know I frequent this website and I don't hide it from them. I talk openly to them about my skin issues.

Nah, no embarrassment here. But then again I'm an old fogey and the older a person gets, the less embarrassing things become. I actually tell people that I blog on acne.org. I'm not saying that I'm proud of my acne....but that I have accepted my acne. I'm still trying like HELL to get rid of it! LOL But it's a part of me and who I am. It does not define me, but it's a big part of what's going on in my life right now and people who know me well know I've struggled with it. So I'd have to say that I'm not embarrassed by visiting acne.org. I'm so glad this website is here! So much support. No matter what type of treatment you're trying, there is always somebody here who can relate to your situation 100%.

Haha no one knows about this... Except for my bestie. She finds it rather strange (a community solely for the purpose of discussing acne, lol), but other than that she's cool with it. There's no point in showing anyone else. They'll probably just laugh, meh.

Btw, nfallin, your picture is hilarious. XD

at home my family or most of my family knows I frequent this website so I don't mind besides they don't look over my shoulder. However when I'm in school during freetime and I just wanna surf it's weird when I see someone LOOKING over or none stop glancing at my screen. It's weird and I feel uncomfortable. I've never told anyone I know outside of my school about it. It's a private addiction that started recently. I didn't even know about this website until last year I believe.

I probably wouldn't care if I actually had perfectly clear skin because of the site, so then I could tell everyone about it, but I'm not there yet...

not embarrassed but this is just another secret part of my life that no one knows about,

well except for my Org buddies.

Not embarrassed a bit; I tell many people about this site and how helpful it is.