Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hermascararuns2

HELP: isnt there a natural way to get rid of redmarks/hyperpigmentation? frustrated!

hey guys

Ive been an observer of acne.org for a year now and ive finally decided to post something.

I also posted in this forum and not the redmarks/hyperpigmentation forum bc im looking for natural ways to do this. I really do not want to resort to chemical peels, lighteners and lasers, etc.

Ive finally cleared most of my acne doing a lot of stuff internally, but now im left with a lot of redmarks and hyperpigmentation.

This is my current regimen: (mostly recommended by my naturopath)

dry Sauna and exercise 3x a week

*internally*

multivitamin

liver herb capsule

digestive enzymes

probiotic

ACV

*externally*

Wash face once a day with organic soap

baking soda scrub

ACV

Vitamin E & A

I am also still trying to clean up my diet by heavily cutting back on the grains/sugars. I dont eat red meat. I do eat raw dairy a few times a week.

If anyone has any suggestions or knows what causes these marks, please share! Its great that most of my of acne cleared up but it doesnt even look like it! i have like two small pimples...but because of the redmarks and hyperpigmentation it looks like i have 50! and some of these marks, are from months ago and still as red or brown as ever!

any help at all guys would be great......

I know exactly what you mean. I don't get very many pimples, and if I do they are tiny whiteheads that just become red marks.

What I think some people are trying that is more natural than anything is to not wash your face for a few days. Like a week initially. Here is one topic about it. It seems to be working because it lets your body's natural oils do their thing instead of replacing them with chemicals (e.g. soap). I think it's recommended more for people with very mild acne and uneven tone. I'm trying it, starting today!

Yes in addition to applying an ACV solution externally, you might want to try adding Niacinamide to your moisturizer. I got the idea from Alternativista and been using it for a about a week now with my aloe vera. Seems to be helping with skin tone and fading red marks.

Just curious, what's in the "liver herb capsule" and where do you find it?

There isn't a whole lot you can do for redmarks except wait them out. ACV and niacinamide are good topicals which might help a little. I actually recommend topical kombucha or topical kefir whey. They have the acid peel effect which will help exfoliate, plus antibiotic peptides produced by the bacteria which will help fight acne. Both also contain b vitamins and minerals which will also help the healing and inflammation process. If you don't have access to either of those, organic ACV is the next best thing.

GObills

the liver capsule is something my naturopath prescribed me. its basically a capsule with a combination of the following

Vitamin B-6 - 30 mg

Magnesium - 75 mg

Choline - 225 mg

Inositol - 600 mg

L-Methionine - 900 mg

Dandelion root - 300 mg

Celandine leaf - 150 mg

Beet leaf 150 mg

Oregon Grape root - 300 mg

Milk Thistle seed - 120 mg

google it, if you want more info. its called opti lipotropic. and im sure you can order it online.

thanks to the rest of you guys for the recommendations. im going to look into topical kombucha and topical kefir whey.

Personally, I tried fasting for a few days. I ate no solid foods and drank only smoothies and tea for a few days, and a whole lot of dead skin started coming off my face (everywhere else too; behind the ears, scalp, etc.), and the redmarks started to heal. If you give your digestive system a break it allows your body to spend more energy on healing the rest of your body, including your face.

thanks you guys for the replies!

Ninjaturtle: how many mg of zinc do you think is appropriate? Im currently taking 25mg of zinc in a multi vitamin

Ace0719: how many days did you fast for? and what kind of smoothies did you make?

I did it for about two days, and had nothing but water, green tea, and fruit smoothies (strawberries, rasberries, etc)

Vitamin C helps. Also giving ur digestive system a break like above poster said- so good ur taking digestive enzymes. Systemic enzymes are supposed to help scarring, inflammation etc taken bt meals so u could google those, specifically serrapeptase I think. I have not tried them but plan to soon....

I have been using 4% Niacinamide gel for two weeks now. It was given to me by my naturopath. In addition I have taken all wheat out of my diet and dramatically reduced my dairy and sugar intake. I am taking EPA DHA fish oil, genuine health perferct skin supplements, a vitamin B complex hight in B6 and drinking ACV. I must say I have seen a dramatic result in the past two weeks!! My skin has cleared almosy 70%! I am going to continue and I hope the Niacinamide will help with the hyperpigmentation, which is pretty bad!!

i have the same issue and i have done a few things that work... in the past- derma e all natural skin fade cream works well, currently- testing rose hip oil applied and massaged in to the area two times a day, i think the vitamin c in it has an effect plus massaging probably exfoliates a bit... let me know if you find anything else that works

Along the lines of what someone else said. I would suggest to just wash with water and thats it. Soap will just irritate your skin more. My face got so much better and healed quicker after switching to just water for washing. Its way more convienent too. No need to take creams and washes everywhere you go. Just wash for 15-20 seconds with water and you're good to go. I have no faith in any topicls anymore. All they ever did was make my acne worse. It probably never would have been cystic had i just let it go rather than slapping tons of chemicals on my face.

Wash with water only. Eat light. Take Vitamin C and Zinc. Sleep enough. exfoliate once a week through a quick(!) baking soda wash.

In the end you can only do so much externally for the red marks let your body take care of them but facilitate the self healing.

ciao :)

I have some marks, and ordered EMU OIL, which is supposed to be the HG, of fading the worst skin marks...red/dark/pigmentation/stretch marks...ext..

RESEARCH IT'S CAPABILITIES...

And vitamin c. serum , is supposed to help with pigmentation issues.

Try taking MSM. I have been taking MSM for about 1 month now and all of my red marks are gone. I take Solaray's brand, one tablet morning and night.