Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Read through the stickied B5 thread, where you'll find a bunch of different responses.

But in my opinion, megadosing B5 is not a holistic treatment. It probably works for some, but there you go.

I had success with it and that was after I did Accutane. After I was off of Accutane, my skin got bad again after a few months. I did Proactiv and it stopped working after a year, like usual, so I tried pantothenic acid. It really worked. Since then I've only had mild spots and hormonal stuff.... love being a girl. :confused: Anyway, from my experience, I'd recommend it. But you can definitely read up on what others have to say before you try. Good luck!

It cleared my face, but was unable to clear my body(might be because I think I got Pityrosporum Folliculitis on my body)

If you decide to start taking it expect an initial breakout and give it time to work.

Yeah I don't agree with the whole mega dosing thing. I recently started it. The whole thing behind it is that is supposedly decreases your body from producing excess oil. I take 3 grams a day and max 5 grams. I can tell it decreases oil production on my face. Take a B-complex with it, I eat Nutritional yeast with it. So far I'm liking it.

Yeah I don't agree with the whole mega dosing thing. I recently started it. The whole thing behind it is that is supposedly decreases your body from producing excess oil. I take 3 grams a day and max 5 grams. I can tell it decreases oil production on my face. Take a B-complex with it, I eat Nutritional yeast with it. So far I'm liking it.

I took it for a month, and it didnt clear me. I remember having some awful breakouts during the time i took it. I know a month wasnt long enough, but the things i read about it really put me off, and i noticed lots of hairs coming out when i washed my hair, so stopped taking it then.

Tried it for a week and my skin looked sickly...It's like it stopped repairing itself. I had pretty intense headaches that were comparable to the ones I got on accutane. Also, my knees and ankles hurt. I wouldn't recommend it

blahhh. well? i honestly dont have alot of options. so i guess i have no choice. i'll just give it a shot and if not find something else. reason why i think itll be good for me is because im extremely tired alot. and i dont eat much. b5 produces energy metabolism, so my body will be getting enough coenzyme A. i think it sounds good to me

Yes i did the B5 routine a couple years ago too with mixed results. It doesn't mean mega dosing on B5 will give you an energy boost though. For me, it was the exact opposite as I was exhausted while taking it.

Ok good luck! I'd read the stickied thread on it too. Btw if that's you in your avatar, it doesn't look like you need it! :)