Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InYourPocket87

Depression/Irrtiability on Accutane

I just feel really down and "not all there" sometimes. I used to be a really happy-go-lucky guy but after 4 months of Accutane I'm finding it harder to smile about things. It is a legitimate side effect, but I am wondering if it will go away after my course is over?

I just feel really down and \"not all there\" sometimes. I used to be a really happy-go-lucky guy but after 4 months of Accutane I'm finding it harder to smile about things. It is a legitimate side effect, but I am wondering if it will go away after my course is over?

I feel fatigued right now, and also feel irritable, and I'm in my third month. I was going to try and treat the fatigue with lots of coffee, but that didn't work. I'm back on anti-depressants for the time being.

When I last went to the derm he told me that now accutane has been round for 30 (or so) years they are beginning to find out a lot more about its long term effects… He said they are beginning to discover that things like depression may be more permanent than originally thought (and some other unwanted side effects too like hair loss… etc).

Any way I got depressed (and still am) after I used it, but only when my acne came back (I was depressed b 4 using it too). My point is I think that ppl would attribute my depression to accutane when I know its just cause of my skin (cause when its clear I feel so much better)

For me any depression I had came from the bad breakouts it caused, and also the extreme dryness it caused that was very noticable. But I was so greatful to be rid of the acne and side effects when I was done and I think that made me happier then the average times before the acne. Too bad the acne came back.