Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
goodbyebadskin

how do you feel when you see other people with flawless skin?

In the group of my friends that I hang out, Im pretty much the only one who ever got acne. During my acne stage, whenever Im standing next to a stranger, and I see that the person has flawless skin, of course it makes me jealous and envy towards the person. Jealous that the person wakes up and goes to sleep with a simple routine . Jealous before going out, instead of worrying about their skin, they worry about what clothes to wear for that day. Jealous that they can talk to another human being while looking in them in the eye with confidence. Jealous that when they get looks from other people, their thinking " man that girl is checking me out " not " man that girl is digusted with me acne". But one thing I noticed is I get reframed myself from staring at someones face whenever i see someone with perfect skin. Like we will be talking and I will just be looking at his face without blinking, and then he`ll think im weird or something, lol.

I feel jealous, but not angry. I've accepted the fact that my skin will never be flawless. I live a pretty good life, but I am far from satisfied with it. Not because of my skin, but just things in general (i.e goals, success, etc). I stare at their skin and wonder how it's like to feel baby soft skin again, but I focus on other things.

I've noticed that when I go out, I tend to worry about the clothes I'm wearing and how I'm doing...not how my skin looks b/c I know it's never going to look as perfect as can be. But I completely understand where you're coming from; I hope you feel better though!

I know how you feel. All my friends have flawless skin too and it REALLY annoys me when they say "OMG, I have such bad skin" and I'm thinking, okay, you have one spot... I have millions, thanks for that confidence boost. :-D

Yeah, I feel kinda jealous when I see people with clear skin but what can I do... Being jealous won't make my acne go away... I try to think of it this way, people who've had acne know how it feels to be judged on their appearance. T'is not nice. So we aren't as judgemental on other people's appearances as people with clear skin might be (not everyone, of course). So in effect, we are nicer people! Haha!

Acne makes us stronger remember and one day, we won't have it any more... I hope!

i feel kinda misjudged, because I feel as though they dont realize that I am doing everything and anything to clear up my skin....and that the perfect skin they have isnt something that comes naturally to everyone.

used to be jealous...but realized that everyone is made differently, and thats the beauty to the human race...while they may have perfect skin...I have athleticism, and discipline that they may wish they had.

I couldn't agree more with what each and every person has said. At this point, I don't get angry when someone else has something better than me. whether it be clear skin, or anything else in life. I almost feel happy for them that they don't go through unnecessary emotional pain lol. Sounds dumb, but I don't know how to explain it. It's amazing to see skin's true potential which we all have. Anyways, don't feel too bad ! What we lack in one department gets made up double in another.

I just think of some of the pictures I've seen of people who have serious acne, and then tell myself I'm lucky to look as good as I actually do, regardless of whether I sometimes find it hard to see in myself :)

Try it at my age,48!!!!!! I have run all the gautlants of emotions, rage, jealousy, envy, anger, want. I think at my age I deserve to have the kind of skin I want. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Stupid relatives, probably got them from the one that had the big backside that I got. And now i have eczema to deal with. Gotta love the relatives!!!!!(not) Elf.

i would say i get pissed off and jelous, especialy when its my friends who have had worse acne than me. However I would assume it switches when My friends have break outs and My skin is looking good.

I tend to see girls with flawless skin and think to myself, "ight, out of my league", "not a chance", (to myself) "keep on walkin"... but I think I'm getting better about it.

Well, I'm 34 and it still bugs me sometimes, but nowhere near as much as it used to in my teens and 20's. Somewhere along the line, I guess I got enough positive reinforcement to realize that it's just not as big of a deal to most people (namely men) as it is to me. I also was able to eradicate the cystic stuff with several rounds of Accutane in my late teens to early-mid 20's.

I guess I've also resigned myself to the fact that I won't have flawless skin (or a cute perky nose ;) ) but I have also learned to love other things about myself that other people don't have going for them (e.g. I'm 5'9" and have always had a decent figure.) I do get annoyed with people who make a huge deal out if getting one or two pimples, but I'm sure other people get annoyed with me if I complain about gaining a couple of pounds. I just remind myself that it's all relative. Oh- one last thing that does bug the heck out of me is when someone (usually one of my 70+ year-old clients at work) says something completely ignorant to me about my skin, like, "Looks like someone hit the chocolate (or fries) recently." I try to suck it up and educate them on my condition, but damn! I'd love to tell one of them what I really think some day! :lol:

Usually I think "Bitch!"

Although ironically when I had just come off the last course of roaccutane and started a new job a girl came up to me and said "You have the most perfect skin EVER. I have told all my friends about you."

I couldn't stop laughing for about ten minutes.

I feel the same way. Most people i know don't even have to try at their perfect skin. I try eating healthy and it doesn't work and they eat crap. I drink lots of water and they drink soda and tons of alcohol! It is so not fair!

I get real jealous and wonder what it's like to live their life, being able to wake up without the same worry that I have to face every morning. Whenever i see a girl with perfect skin I too think, "not a chance, out of my league"; it's all really pathetic but I can't help it. I also get extra paranoid about what people with perfect skin think about me, but sometimes in their eyes it really isn't a big deal (quite a surprise). I only hope for the day that I will wake up one morning and not be scared of the mirror.

When I see people with beautiful clear skin, of course I feel jealous. I can't help it, because they have something that I really want. But I don't get angry... Instead of getting angry, I usually get frustrated about my skin, and feel bad about myself...

I know my skin is so far away from being perfect and flawless. But I'll keep working on it and I hope one day my skin will clear up :).

In all perfect honesty, no I don't feel jealous. I consider myself to be an intelligent, caring, compassionate and unpretentious person with a kind heart, values of which I think alot of people around me lack. I'd rather have a pure soul than perfect skin... in the grand scheme of things it just doesn't matter surely?

I used to have a really wierd view like last year, it was almost like i respected anyone without acne, and when i saw people with acne I'd think I was better because I dont have it bad. My first impression of everyone without acne was almost like they were cool, I don't know wyh I felt like that. I think it was more envious but I felt like i respected them but not myself. Now I'm just kinda envious but I know I'm as good as anyone else.