Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm just wondering if anyone here has sibilings, who do not suffer from acne. I have a faternal twin sister who has flawless skin, but over the past couple of days I've noticed that shes developed some large red bumps on one of her checks and forhead (kind of like the bumps that decided to show up on the upper part of my cheek bone two days ago). Anyway, I can't help but feel happy that my sister has these blemishes. I'm like, "yes, finally..you're not so perfect now are you! hahaha" Anyone else have any experiences to share about a similar situation?

Hey I have moments where I don't feel attractive around my sister because of my skin. She looks a lot like me so that doesn't help. My acne is pretty clear right now, so its not so bad, but a couple of months ago I was really self consious around her. I have a brother who had acne, he tells me that it was almost as bad as mine, but I don't really remember him with much acne, funny how if your not the one who suffers with it , it doesn't seem like such a big deal.

My half sister has inherited blemish free skin. But after having a baby her skin has started to look bumpy and her tiny pores are not that tiny anymore.

To be honest,I don't want her to suffer with acne or anyone else for that matter. I know all too well how horrible it is and I wouldn't wish that on anyone .

I remember only one occasion when I was pleased someone else had a few spots. My half brother (who has also inherited blemish free skin) made a comment like

'even Mum has better skin than you!!"

Well, 6 months later I came back to visit and I had spot free glowing skin and he was the one breaking out!!! And he was asking me for acne remedies!!! I couldn't help but be a little pleased.

When I was on accutane and incredibly clear a few years back, my sisters were just entering high school and were starting to get a fair amount of acne. I would look at their faces and almost cry, because I knew what it was like and didn't want them to go through it. But somehow, they both cleared up by their sophomore year and are the types who get like a SMALL pimple a month now. It was weird, and now, a few years after accutane, I had started to break out again. And they're crystal clear. But seriously, I'm glad they don't have to endure any of it.

My elder and third sister once suffered from mild to moderate acne but now they are clear, and had really wonderful skin, and yeah I do feel so fed up when I'm with them, because I got it worst than them when they had it, and I had it for longer than they did as well.

And it's no use asking them for remedies, because they kept on telling me tea tree oil works for them, and when I tried it, I broke out even worst. Guess I gotta stick to BP after all. ^^ But it seems like they will never be able to understand that what I'm going through is not as what they have been through. They only had acne for like two years, and gone after that, and they kept on telling me mine will go away and that it is a small thing. Yeah, like they know what it is to bear with stupid acne for seven years.

On the other hand, my second sis does not have bad cases, just one or two pimples here and there. That's all. Makes me really envious. doubt.gif

My older brother and I both had it at the same time. His was worse but he still made fun of me and let me know that EVERYONE was noticing. I never made fun of his, mostly because I was baffled as to why he would make fun of me. His cleared up, mine didn't. But now we don't make fun of each other. C'est la vie.

My sister never made fun of my skin per say. When I started to suffer from increasingly severe breakouts she would say, 'Why don't you do something about that' or something along those lines. We may be faternal twins, but all of our lives people whould look at us and ask 'Are you twins?' and we'd say, 'yes, but not identical' and they would stare at us blankly and say, 'what do you mean, you look identical to me'. We're twenty now and don't resemble eachother as much as we once did, but part of me still feels like I am looking in a mirror when I look at my sister. We moved back in together in September and having her around me all the time really hammers home the fact that I have bad skin. She never understood what it was like to have acne and I came to feel that she looked down on me because I was cursed with bad skin. As much as I try to talk to her about the psychological impact of acne I know she will never understand because she's never experienced it. I don't think her acne will develop into a problem, but maybe she'll have a sense of what's it like to look in the mirror and feel the loss of control that comes from not being able to immedately change what you see.

When it comes to my brother, I would never wish acne on him. He knows how much my acne has affected me over the past year and he had tried to support me.

My sister is 2 years younger than I and she has that clear skin that looks as if it is being stained with a pink, rose color from the inside out. Ever see people with that? Makes me made as hell:) How on earth do they get to have clear skin AND have a glowing complexion??? I do get jealous of her sometimes; it think to myself how wonderful it would be to wake up throw on clothes and walk out the door without looking greasy or without having to put on foundation. Sometimes I just wish that everyone could experience the pain of acne just once in their lifetime. It's not fair...nobody understands how awful it is to know when someone looks at you they might be noticing scars or a zit.

I think my older sister had some zits when she was 14 or so. Nothing serious. My brother is 5 years older than me; he is now developing some acne (also on his back and chest), but nothing serious as well. He doesn't have the red marks I have to cope with. I hope he doesn't get it bad, though. Life sucks with acne everywhere.

I got an older brother and a younger sister.

Brother never really had any, but me and my sister did. She seems to be over it now though, unlike me... sad.gif

On a side note my parents never had any either when they were young (well not much any way). Also all my cousins, aunts and uncles have good skin. so if its supposed to be genetics then y the phuc did my sister and me get the dud genes???? ](*,)

Both my brothers and my sister had/has acne, as well as both my parents. My sister's is mild and she may be clear by now, haven't really paid much attention. My brothers' were severe, worse than mine, but they're clear now. No idea how bad my parents' use to be, they're clear now but still use topicals for it.

My sister has clear skin, but she fights her weight so we both have our own things to be insecure about. We try to be supportive with eachother. It's hard when you don't know exactly what the other person is going through, but I think the two of us have a pretty good idea. One interesting thing she said was how she would totally trade being overweight for having acne.

Both of my sister have perfect skin. So does my mom and dad! WTF am I doing wrong ](*,)  :(

I much rather keep my scars than be fat because you can at least always wear makeup. You cannot hide your body. Or at least I try to convince myself of that.

I have 2 sisters, one older and one younger than me. Both have always had perfect skin. My skin looked like a war zone. Both sisters were very supportive of me, and always gave me encouragement. I never resented their good fortune of having great skin. I think they are the best sisters a guy could ever have.