Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Like everyone I'm having trouble keeping my spirits up as I go through this experience called puberty. I've had acne since 13 and I'm now 17. I know some of you have had to go through it for longer, but 4 years is still a pretty long time, and I'm feeling the strain. I want this to be over with already; I want to be able to be confident in myself, but I can't when I know my face isn't the way it should be. I don't have it too bad, but whether it's a lot or a little, any acne is a bad thing. All I can hope for is that within the next year or two it starts to go away as I leave the teen years behind.

you taking any treatment?

i hope you are not letting it affect your social life. I find it hard to give advice on here sometimes because nothing i can say will reduce your acne.

all i can give you is what i have lived through. I got acne at 13 as well, all the way through to... now!

i hope you don't avoid having fun because of your face, because you don't wanna spend your days regretting what you didnt do.

in most cases people's acne disappears, i know in my case its largely hereditary, my parents got it and it went at around 18, my severe acne slowed down at 18, right now its mild.

Like everyone I'm having trouble keeping my spirits up as I go through this experience called puberty. I've had acne since 13 and I'm now 17. I know some of you have had to go through it for longer, but 4 years is still a pretty long time, and I'm feeling the strain. I want this to be over with already; I want to be able to be confident in myself, but I can't when I know my face isn't the way it should be. I don't have it too bad, but whether it's a lot or a little, any acne is a bad thing. All I can hope for is that within the next year or two it starts to go away as I leave the teen years behind.

Well I'd like to cheer you up but my acne also started at 13. Im 25 and its not as bad but its still pretty damn bad.

If you want confidence you have to forget that you have acne and not base your confidence on your appearance. Just live life as you would if you didnt have acne. At the end of the day its not your fault you have acne you cant really do shit about it.

Well really thats the type of shit advice you hear all the time from people who have clear skin. Another one is dont worry it'll probably all be gone withing the net year or so. Maybe????

this year my resolution was to 'get a life'. ive started going out more, even if i didn't like it... out of my confort zone it was not a good, but i was not bad. i did make friends though, and became closer to some others. i think depression's best friend is loneliness, if you take away the lonelieness, the depression won't be half as bad.

please bear this in mind.

polka

No I'm pretty good with the social aspect of it. I've managed to solider on and hang out with my friends; I went on vacation and was able to put my issues aside for a good week. I was also in a band before it broke up! So I've done alright on that front. It's just myself I can't convince into feeling better.