Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Midnite8

How to gain weight?

I could use more cushion all around, I'll put it that way. Very skinny arms and legs, and simply lifting weights will not change that by itself.

I could use more cushion all around, I'll put it that way. Very skinny arms and legs, and simply lifting weights will not change that by itself.

When you're skinny you don't carry much fat on the limbs which instead together with the neck are very skinny. The skinny carries fat on the abdomen and when even fat in the abdomen isn't very visible it carries fat intraorgans and inside the muscles (the worst kinds of body fat)

Usually skinny-fat people with a unhealthy body composition and very bony limbs but no visible abdominal muscles and overall a shapeless body have a body BF% around 18% to 14%. But for their misfortune there's difference between the 14% body fat even distribution of an average person and the 14% body fat distribution of a skinny guy (mostly abdominal and visceral)

Right, but how do you change that? It certainly isn't by eating LESS. As it is I'm not even 100% sure if I'm eating over my baseline.

Right, but how do you change that? It certainly isn't by eating LESS. As it is I'm not even 100% sure if I'm eating over my baseline.

You change that through body recomposition.

It involves alternating cardiovascular training and weight lifting training days while eating slightly above maintenance and getting enough proteins. Slowly but your mass will increase and it in turn will burn your body fat. 15 calories per pound of body weight is a good start. Sunday is free.

It involves alternating cardiovascular training and weight lifting training days while eating slightly above maintenance and getting enough proteins. Slowly but your mass will increase and it in turn will burn your body fat. 15 calories per pound of body weight is a good start. Sunday is free.

3 bowls of cereal, 2 lunches at school, end of school snack, string cheese (very high in protein for how tiny it is), 1 weight gain shake (around 1300 calories and 72 grams of protein), about 6 glasses of milk a day, well balanced dinner, and an evening snack makes for somewhere around 5000 calories for me. Also I eat fastfood like 4 days of the week. I also get around 200 grams of protein. I weightlift about 4 times a week. This whole routine helps a lot in building muscle. Since last year I gained so much weight (no fat at all), but also some of it was because I grew like 4 inches. I'm also ectomorphic and I was talking to my dad because I thought I might have hyperthyroidism because of how fast my metabolism is, but he just told me that is how he was too.

Do you really need 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight in order to put on muscle? Because I'm not even sure how that's possible without supplementing.

This whole routine helps a lot in building muscle. Since last year I gained so much weight (no fat at all)

Yeah, I really need to figure out what my maintenance is. Although I'm guessing at 23 calories per pound I've probably already passed it? I'm moderately active, but not THAT active.

Bro if you're serious about gaining muscle mass, and not just bodyfat, then I'd recomend checking out MuscleNow.com. It is run by a guy named Francesco Castano. I got it a couple weeks ago and am reaping the benefits even in the early stages.

I'd suggest you eat larger portions more often, of healthy food. Add more protein with some extra meat etc. You don't need to aim for 4000 calories right away, take it in steps - jumping to a goal like that is too much for someone with a small build so let it grow up to that point gradually unless you've already plateaued - then you need to double what you're eating to see any progress:)

I've been blessed/cursed with an endless appetite, building weight and eating excess of 6000 calories in no problem - my friend with a small build had to struggle like a fiend though.

First off if you want to reach your goals asking people on this forum is not exactly the best way to go about it. i recommend bodybuilding.com forums the people there will be able to assist you better to get to your goals. heres the link. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/

2. http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/bodybuil...ion-guide-1.htm

read that that has INFO on on nutrition you NEED to know.

3.don't just eat and not lift weights all your going to do is put on fat

I've been living off milkshakes and lollies and chocolate I was 45kgs now I'm 55 kgs so much better. And I feel heaps better too Oh and heaps of Salmon.