Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Midnite8

How to gain weight?

Does anyone know fast and effective ways to gain weight? I want to gain weight all over the body and not have all the weight go to my stomach or something. :surprised:

Go on a McDonalds diet.

haha jkjk

Eat lots of healthy food, and keep your calorie intake higher than output.

Eat healthy fats, healthy meats, but you gotta make sure you eat more than you expend.

I lift weights and exercise alot and these are the foods that help me gain weight and cause hardly any skin reactions.

Basmati Rice (I try to eat this alone because mixing starch and proteins is not the most favorable combination of foods)

Heavy Cream (has hardly any casein or lactose which are the main culprits in relation to acne)

Avocados

Unsalted Butter

Isopure protein with water

Hope these help... I know the heavy cream and basmati rice might look like they cause acne but I am pretty susceptible to various foods breaking me out and these cause me no problems.

I'm getting weary of these "How do I gain weight?" questions.

If you want to gain body fat, the solution is simple: eat. Eat sugar, stach, vegetable oil, etc. You'll easily gain weight, just like the 66% of Americans that are overweight because of those above foods. You can get this same effect by eating plenty of healthy food, but I'd imagine that it's much harder that way.

But most people I know have no need to gain fat, but rather muscle mass. If you want to do this, then work out and eat sufficient protein from animal sources.

It is better to take things slower and gain weight through eating healthy foods than stuff yourself with macdonalds and watch your cholesterol rocket....

Make you sure you are eating regularly as well!

I would advise in addition doing light cardio (you need to keep fit even if your gaining weight) and work out with weights as well. Muscle weighs more than fat so it should help you bulk up a bit.

You cant choose where you gain your weight (unless you build up muscle in a certain area) but eating lots of junk will be more likely to be less overall weight gain than if you do it healthily.

That is just from personal experience....

If you want to gain body fat, the solution is simple: eat. Eat sugar, stach, vegetable oil, etc. You'll easily gain weight, just like the 66% of Americans that are overweight because of those above foods. You can get this same effect by eating plenty of healthy food, but I'd imagine that it's much harder that way.

But most people I know have no need to gain fat, but rather muscle mass. If you want to do this, then work out and eat sufficient protein from animal sources.

No really, of course eat. But you have to understand there are 3 body category types when it comes to gaining weight. I am an ectomorph, which is the hardest to gain weight, and gain muscle mass.

nuts :)

walnut i think it has the highest calories... :X

almond

brazil nut is nasty ... taste bad but good calories

dunno what else is good..

oh u can try seeds :D sunflower seeds

all this has nearly 200 calories.

don't eat alotta nuts could be bad ;/ eating plenty is good but not lots!

so you will need to buy meats!! chicken , pork , any meats should be good.. correct?

saw red meat is not good. guessing meats that are color red is bad -_-

Good luck !! i need weight too :(

Eat a healthy diet and hit the weights. Putting on muscle is really no more complicated than that. Putting on fat is easier. Just eat and forget about the exercise. Putting on water weight is even easier. Eat salt and other foods that make you thirsty and drink plenty of water.

I have this problem. I think I have a really fast metabolism or something so no matter how much I eat I don't gain anything. I have a really healthy diet as well because of my family.

I do some heavy weight lifting at home but it seems to take forever to notice a difference on my bicepts. Push ups work well for my shoulders. I've been doing them every night for a few years.

I have this problem. I think I have a really fast metabolism or something so no matter how much I eat I don't gain anything. I have a really healthy diet as well because of my family.

I do some heavy weight lifting at home but it seems to take forever to notice a difference on my bicepts. Push ups work well for my shoulders. I've been doing them every night for a few years.

You won't gain lean weight unless you do resistance training.

If you do you need just a slightly caloric excess of 500-700 calories above your maintenance possibly eating after work-out, containing carbs and protein and comprised of healthy food.

I've been trying to put on weight ever since I was a kid. I tried soooo many diets to try and fill myself with fatty or protein rich foods. The only thing that's worked for me is eating healthy and doing exercise. I can never put fat on but I can build up my muscles. So if you eat healthy and do the proper exercises like lifting weights, it could work out for you. Good Luck :)

I eat like six to seven times a day. an each time i eat, i eat till i feal like im gonna throw up

but its all healthy food. and i also work out everyday

I eat like six to seven times a day. an each time i eat, i eat till i feal like im gonna throw up

but its all healthy food. and i also work out everyday

Yeah, I'm another ectomorph in the same boat. Always been really skinny. Right now I'm averaging around 3000 calories a day. I've been doing this for about a month now without any noticeable changes. I think I could probably stand to add a few hundred more calories, but I'm not sure where it should come from. I think I'm going to start drinking a moderate amount of like 1% milk and just see if it has any impact on my skin. I actually wouldn't mind adding some fat AND muscle. I don't have a whole lot of either, and while I haven't been on a scale in a couple of months I have a strong feeling I'm still 5-10 lbs underweight for my height.

I'm also about to start taking a whey protein powder with a whopping 600 calories per serving (and not particularly high in sugar), but I'm not putting too much hope in it because it could very well break me out.

The good news is that I'm like 95% clear right now thanks to my Face Reality regimen, so it should be pretty easy to tell if a particular food is causing a problem.

I actually wouldn't mind adding some fat AND muscle. I don't have a whole lot of either, and while I haven't been on a scale in a couple of months I have a strong feeling I'm still 5-10 lbs underweight for my height.

I actually wouldn't mind adding some fat AND muscle. I don't have a whole lot of either, and while I haven't been on a scale in a couple of months I have a strong feeling I'm still 5-10 lbs underweight for my height.

Have you had your body fat percentage professionaly measured?

It's absolutely rare close to impossible to find skinny people who don't have excess fat in their body. Never seen a skinny guy with a body fat under 10%.