Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tay5

MOISTURIZER ADVICE NEEDED...

i am on my 2nd day of the regimen and already thinking of changing it up because i don't want to get flakey and scared BP might cause irritation from the sun. also i noticed that there were little bits of flakes when i was applying my MMU(mineral makeup). don't know if this was left over from the product or my skin already flaking a bit.(and yes i started with a small amount of BP as dan has suggested)

so i am thinking that i will do the full DKR at night...all 3 steps of the starter kit.

then in the mornings cleanse with with acne.org cleanser, and use about a half amount of acne.org bp from what i use at night and moisturize with an SPF lotion either Neutrogena oil free SPF 15 or Eucerin sensitive skin SPF 30 ...the link for the last moisturizer is here:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...mp;atrxp4=20528

has anyone had success with doing something like this or had experience with these moisturizers? i have used the Neutrogena sensitive skin one for years...is it similar to the spf one?

Thanks in advance people! :D

I use the Neutrogena with SPF. It works ok most of the time but you need to apply a lot of it to get rid of flakes sometimes.

so i bought the neutrogena moisturizer with SPF 15 and this morning i used it for the first time...anybody else get a bit of a sunblocky smell when applying it?!

it does have a sunblock smell when you have just applied it but after awhile it goes away. The smell is not as strong as sunblock. it has SPF 15 after all.

I also use Neutrogena Oil Free w/ SPF 15 on sunny days. Works great! I agree, sunblocky smell, though. :)

If dryness/flakiness are a huge problem already, maybe try just using one full pump of BP once a day instead of twice a day. You can still do your regimen twice daily, just leave out the BP for one session. As your skin adjusts, build in the second application of one full pump. Once your skin adjusts to that, try 2 full pumps for one application. Keep going till you're using 2 full pumps twice a day.

If your skin is very sensitive, easing yourself into the regimen is recommended, or the dryness and irritation can get unbearable. Moisturizing daily will help keep your skin hydrated, and dryness in check.

Hope this helps! :D

yeah i have been on the regimen for a week tonight...i'm seeing results!! i only did the full regimen for about 2 days and my skin was like in shock with dryness so i have been only applying a small amount of bp at night only with the regimen and cleansing and moisturizing in the morning...my face always stings when i apply moisturizer though :eh: ...does this eventually go away(when exactly)?! when should i start upping the dosage?

Great you're seeing results already! :D

Stinging at the moisturizer step is common, but will subside as your skin adjusts to the drying effects of the BP. It's the BP causing the irritation, not the moisturizer, just so you're clear.

I would actually use the moisturizer as a gauge. If your skin still stings when you moisturize, then stay at the current BP levels. When the stinging subsides, then up the dosage, but only up the dosage one application at a time. Upping it for both applications may be too much to once. Of course, you may experience a return of the stinging but this is only temporary as your skin gets used to the new dosage.

ok will do thanks for the quick reply Khrysalis!!

also at night i have been cleansing, moisturize the dry areas (around my mouth and eye areas) a little, wait a while then apply less than half a pump of bp, then wait a while then apply more moisturizer over that being careful.

do you think there is any major adverse affects of moisturizing like this?

I don't see much harm in that, provided you're only moisturizing those areas. It's important to apply the BP first otherwise you may not get the full results if moisturizer is getting into your pores ahead of the medication.

Maybe try a little Vaseline around your eyes and mouth if you're experiencing some dryness here. These areas will heal much faster. It's easy to get BP in the eye and mouth areas, which are extra sensitive and prone to dryness. I find using a little vaseline helps. You could even apply it before the BP to help keep the BP from getting into these areas. :)

Thanks! i'm on my way to go buy some vaseline right now lol

by the way would you suggest upping the dosage at night only or using a small amount at night and a small amount in the morning?

I'm just scared to use it during the day because i don't want it bleaching my clothes or making my face burn during the day when walking around in hot/humid weather all day. :doubt:

The one from Eucerin with 5% urea (it's sold under a few different names) is the best I have ever used. It might look a little greasy if you apply it too much (it's all in the application) but you can just pat the rest off, that way it doesn't look greasy at all.

http://www.eucerin.co.uk/dry_skin/5_urea_face_cream.asp

Meh, you were looking one with SPF in it...

so i have been using the full regimen at night with acne.org products and in the morning i cleanse with acne.org cleanser and apply Neutrogena SPF 15 moisturizer and wear Almay's TLC foundation with SPF 15 and apply a light layer of Everyday Minerals over it...my latest question is does this count as SPF 30 on my face or just SPF 15??? :think:

It counts as a fat layer of SPF 15 ;-)

But that's good... Here en DK the experts keep saying, that we are using a too thin layer of SPF...

Thanks! i'm on my way to go buy some vaseline right now lol

by the way would you suggest upping the dosage at night only or using a small amount at night and a small amount in the morning?

I'm just scared to use it during the day because i don't want it bleaching my clothes or making my face burn during the day when walking around in hot/humid weather all day. :doubt:

I would try to build in a small amount of BP in the morning when your skin adjusts to the current dosage. If you're wearing SPF sunscreen and moisturizing, then your skin should be fine during the day and you should not see any excessive redness. Pink skin is pretty normal, however. But if you're really concerned about it, then up the night-time BP application first.

The BP shouldn't get on your clothes unless you wear high collars or turtlenecks, but even these can be worn if put on carefully. Try to choose tops with a wide stretchy neckline. Just be sure you wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before you handle your clothes.

my skin still stings after moisturizing both at night with the bp application and in the morning when i just cleanse, i apply about half a pump of BP at night only...so i'm gonna stay there for a while until the stinging subsides.

i have been on the regimen now for a week and 2 days...i was happy with the initial results but then i got like 2/3 new pimples.... :cry: urrrgghh i just want all this acne to go away...its so frustrating!

I have still been using the Neutrogena SPF 15 moisturizer during the day but its a little greasy...wondering if i could mix it with the sensitive skin Neutragena moisturizer(i used this one for years and love it) or maybe dan's moisturizer to lessen the oily/greasy looking effect that i get after applying makeup. or maybe i should just use the SPF one when i know i'll be outside all day so i don't have to worry huh...

also someone suggested to me to stopping all topical applications for a night and slather a bunch of vaseline all over face overnight and do an aspirin mask in the morning and that gets rid of the little flakies...anyone ever try this?! :unsure:

i am on my 2nd day of the regimen and already thinking of changing it up because i don't want to get flakey and scared BP might cause irritation from the sun. also i noticed that there were little bits of flakes when i was applying my MMU(mineral makeup). don't know if this was left over from the product or my skin already flaking a bit.(and yes i started with a small amount of BP as dan has suggested)

so i am thinking that i will do the full DKR at night...all 3 steps of the starter kit.

then in the mornings cleanse with with acne.org cleanser, and use about a half amount of acne.org bp from what i use at night and moisturize with an SPF lotion either Neutrogena oil free SPF 15 or Eucerin sensitive skin SPF 30 ...the link for the last moisturizer is here:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...mp;atrxp4=20528

has anyone had success with doing something like this or had experience with these moisturizers? i have used the Neutrogena sensitive skin one for years...is it similar to the spf one?

Thanks in advance people! :D