Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
willeh

Mineral Oil - Does it clog pores..?

I was thinking of buying the 'Skin Revealing Body Lotion with 10% AHA' from Paula's Choice. It's targeted and advertised as an AHA for the body, but it says that you can use it for the face. If you look at the ingredients list, 'Mineral Oil' is the third ingredient from the top, 10% Glycolic Acid being second and as always water being the first. Does mineral oil cause breakouts? It's either this or the 8% AHA from Paula's Choice which doesn't contain mineral oil - but I was thinking a higher percentage would be better for my red marks as it has been 2 years and they've shown very little signs of fading. Burn factor isn't a problem as over the period of 2 years I've ruined my skin with alcohol toners, irritating cleansers etc etc.

Comments appreciated.

I think for some it can, although it is proven to be non-comedogenic. I personally can't use it without breaking out. The only way to find out if your skin can handle it is to try the product and see what happens. HTH :)

I think for some it can, although it is proven to be non-comedogenic. I personally can't use it without breaking out. The only way to find out if your skin can handle it is to try the product and see what happens. HTH :)

According to zerozit.com, mineral oil is noncomedogenic. It is however comedogenic for some people. If you have sensitive skin like I do then it might be comedogenic for you. It definitely is for me. I think I cannot use patrolatum either. Theres a lot of things that apparently rate a zero to one but for me they are like a five. I cannot use jojoba oil either. So in answer to your question, it depends on your skin type and as the poster above stated, I think the only way for you to know if its comedogenic for you is for you to try it out

I use mineral oil to take my makeup off. It hasn't caused me any problems and I have sensitive skin and sinsitiave eyes. All the other cleansers that are made to take eye makeup off burn my eyes, but mineral oil doesn't. I would say just try it and see. Good luck.

According to zerozit.com, mineral oil is noncomedogenic. It is however comedogenic for some people. If you have sensitive skin like I do then it might be comedogenic for you. It definitely is for me. I think I cannot use patrolatum either. Theres a lot of things that apparently rate a zero to one but for me they are like a five. I cannot use jojoba oil either. So in answer to your question, it depends on your skin type and as the poster above stated, I think the only way for you to know if its comedogenic for you is for you to try it out

Your skin sounds just like mine! I can't use mineral oil, petrolatum, silicones, most oils....it's ridiculous! I have to take those lists with a grain of salt because my skin seems to react differently to ingredients that others have no problems with :(