Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
6sixty2two

RED MARKS ON FACE! NEED HELP AND OPINIONS!

i did a stupid thing and picked and squeezed one acne/pimple that was growing on my right cheek.

obviously, it became very red and formed a scab. the scab/scaly skin fell off this morning after i took a bath, and it's left a pretty red mark on my cheek.

obviously, LESSON LEARNED from this is to never, ever pick on them.

i just need your advice, what can i do to treat this red spot? (please see enclosed photos)

also, can anyone help me how to get rid of the other spots that you see on my cheek in the picture? last week wednesday, i went to a dermatologist and she "cleaned" my face, by that, meaning she pricked all the clogged pores, which left my skin pretty wounded up. it's been a week and the scabs from that have fallen off as well, but the light pinkish marks are still there.

CAN ANYONE HELP?? any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

THANKS!

dsc00849lj5.jpg

dsc00850wb1.jpg

i have that too! and i thought keep on following the regimen will slowly removes the red mark..

Redmarks can take up to a year to heal. You just have to be patient. Using the baby brush method helps lighten redmarks

Aha!!! The perfect opportunity for me to pass on my knowledge as QUEEN of picking at spots and dealing with the red marks!!!

I had a monstrosity of a scab on my face for like a week, and kept putting muchos muchos bp on it, then picked off the scab (I know, I am pure sex). It left a BRIGHT red mark as it always does.

Normally I just cover this with makeup until it fades to an acceptable level but it never goes completley.

HOWEVER, this time I bought some bio oil as I heard it was good for scars.

IT IS BRILLIANT.

Ive been using a cotton bud to cover the scar only for a few days now and the difference it has made it frankly amazing.

what would normally still be a bright red mark has practically gone completley.

I dont know how it will work on old scars (ive only started trying that as of today) but on new ones, get thee some bio oil!!!

I also have extremely pale skin so for the mark to have faded this much already is unheard of for me. Im not keen on getting the oil on the rest of my face, but people have told me it doesnt clog pores. Thats why I use a cotton tip to put it on anyway.

Bio oil is expensive, but due to the amount Im using it will last bloody ages.

Yup, time is the key to healing those redmarks. They'll gradually disappear over time, you just gotta wait patiently... I would try using an AHA cream to see if that would help, or like one of the posters above said, the baby brush method.

Aha!!! The perfect opportunity for me to pass on my knowledge as QUEEN of picking at spots and dealing with the red marks!!!

I had a monstrosity of a scab on my face for like a week, and kept putting muchos muchos bp on it, then picked off the scab (I know, I am pure sex). It left a BRIGHT red mark as it always does.

Normally I just cover this with makeup until it fades to an acceptable level but it never goes completley.

HOWEVER, this time I bought some bio oil as I heard it was good for scars.

IT IS BRILLIANT.

Ive been using a cotton bud to cover the scar only for a few days now and the difference it has made it frankly amazing.

what would normally still be a bright red mark has practically gone completley.

I dont know how it will work on old scars (ive only started trying that as of today) but on new ones, get thee some bio oil!!!

I also have extremely pale skin so for the mark to have faded this much already is unheard of for me. Im not keen on getting the oil on the rest of my face, but people have told me it doesnt clog pores. Thats why I use a cotton tip to put it on anyway.

Bio oil is expensive, but due to the amount Im using it will last bloody ages.

i KNOW the red marks are a pain but

1) they are easily covered by makeup

2) u can tan them away (if u stay tan) (win/win)

3) i say STOP COMPLAINING: wouldnt you rather have those barely noticable red marks..that arent that gross AT ALL compared to mile high acne/pimples/cysts/whiteheads/scabs...i would make that trade any day..seeing as i have all these scabs and shit