Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, I'm going to be buying an AHA soon, like glycolic or lactic acid, and was wondering if anyone knew which one I should use. I live in the U.K so something I can get off Ebay.co.uk or from a U.K shop is needed please.

I was thinking about getting this, is this good? I really don't have any experience with AHA's

Thanks

All I am going to say is that if you're going for the glycolic acid...be prepared for a session of burning hell. But glycolic is considered the most effective AHA of all others such as lactic and citric.

Good luck.

All I am going to say is that if you're going for the glycolic acid...be prepared for a session of burning hell. But glycolic is considered the most effective AHA of all others such as lactic and citric.

Good luck.

The reason why I said in my first post is that your BP is a regeneration of skin by method of skin peeling which means the new skin is always revealed when the skin is peeled.

If this is your first time applying AHA especially glycolic acid on FRESH and NEW skin, it'll burn...but it gets better when you use glycolic acid as part of your skin care routine.

The reason why I said in my first post is that your BP is a regeneration of skin by method of skin peeling which means the new skin is always revealed when the skin is peeled.

If this is your first time applying AHA especially glycolic acid on FRESH and NEW skin, it'll burn...but it gets better when you use glycolic acid as part of your skin care routine.

Small amount or big amount doesn't matter. Just live through the pain for it's temporary. it gets better as you continue to put on AHA. I am living the beauty life after one week of hell. I am using 10 percent Glycolic Acid which is considered high for over the counter AHA product. When it burns or stings, it's an indicator that it's working, which is what you want. After couple days, it shouldn't burn. It'll be like BP after several weeks.

Small amount or big amount doesn't matter. Just live through the pain for it's temporary. it gets better as you continue to put on AHA. I am living the beauty life after one week of hell. I am using 10 percent Glycolic Acid which is considered high for over the counter AHA product. When it burns or stings, it's an indicator that it's working, which is what you want. After couple days, it shouldn't burn. It'll be like BP after several weeks.

Hey,

If you are looking for AHA products, this place does a lot: -

http://www.bravuralondon.co.uk/

I purchased a 10% Glycolic Night Cream for them.

Also,

www.mankind.co.uk they offer a wide range of skin products ... even the Peter Thomas Roth line - which IMO looks quite good even though a bit expensive. Mankind is also a good website for reviews so even if you don't decide to purchase from them you can still get a feel for how effective the product may be through the reviews.

With regards to applying glycolic, like previously mentioned, prepare for some stinging ... it disappears pretty soon. I was using BP before it and when i decided to switch (no longer use glycolic btw) it drew spots to the surface in the shape of very small red spots. I believe it was the way its worked but i have since reverted back to my trusty BP!

Personally, BP and an AHA together has worked wonders for me ... At night i apply a 2% Salicylic Acid gel followed by 5% BP. Not only has it removed my spots it has also greatly improved my complexion which i felt BP could not do alone.

Hope this helps buddy

In my experience dealing with Glycolic Acid (AHA)

Because I am using straight forward lotion AHA (Alpha Hydrox enhanced lotion), I have to use sunscreen. New skin are easily damaged by the sun and when you're in Hawaii which is kind of close to the equator of the earth, you get the most sun during daytime.

I think most AHA lotion are moisterizer. If where you live have a lot of sun, I really really recommend sunscreen because it will protect your new skin from being damaged from the sun. Why go back to square one everytime.

I use a AHA made by the Neoteric Cosmetic Co. It is a 12% Glycolic AHA. The instructions says to moisturize after applying, and if you use it during the day you need to put a sunblock on over it. It did burn at first but after a few days it was fine. I got it at Walgreens Pharmacy.

Just so the reader know. Neoteric Cosmetic Co is company that makes Alpha Hydrox and the product the person spoke of is Alpha Hydrox Scouffle 12% AHA 1.6 ounce jar cost around 15 to 17 dollars.

Anyhow, about the moisterizer part. I don't use moisterizer because AHA moisterizes really well.

"1. Shower

2. Apply AHA

3. Put on something colorful that I won’t bleach during the day

4. Put on SPF if it’s sunny (AHA makes skin more sensitive to sunlight)

5. Walk out the door"

Even Dan Kern in his blog in his switching to AHA doesn't include moisterizer

Dan Kern AHA Blog

sofaspudqueen: do you use some sort of moisterizer after you put a sheer amount of AHA Scouffle on your face? And what kind of sunscreen do you use? What is the SPF rating do you use in sunscreen?

I use Neutrogena sunscreen because it's non-comedegenic. There is another product that is also Noncomedogenic, Aveeno.

I don't use AHA during the day only at night and I use Neutrogena oil-free fresh moisture. During the day I use Neutrogena oil-free Moisture w/SPF 15 (my make up also has an SPF 15 in it.

I guess not all walgreen stores stopped carrying Alpha Hydrox product. It seems to be more rare these days to come across Alpha Hydrox products.