Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stk33401

Who's on 10mg/20mg per day Accutane?

Well heres the situation, 2 1/2 weeks into my 2nd course of accutane and im almost cleared. I don't want to continue the 60mg/day cuz i hate the anoyance of dry lips. I'd like to ask my dermo to start me on 10mg or 20mg a day just for maintance to keep my oil level down to a very minimum but little side effects.

Has anyone manage to convice their dermo to let them go on that little of a dosage for a course of accutane? I won't my dermo again for another week so im just feeling the ideal abit.

Well heres the situation, 2 1/2 weeks into my 2nd course of accutane and im almost cleared. I don't want to continue the 60mg/day cuz i hate the anoyance of dry lips. I'd like to ask my dermo to start me on 10mg or 20mg a day just for maintance to keep my oil level down to a very minimum but little side effects.

Has anyone manage to convice their dermo to let them go on that little of a dosage for a course of accutane? I won't my dermo again for another week so im just feeling the ideal abit.

im on 20mg every other day (self prescribed :) ) since 2 weeks and on the acne regimen (only in the evening) , until the roa fully kicks in , had a little tiny breakout yesterday..but nothin major...gonna report...

wow self prescribe? thats alil risky isn't it? how do you get your blood test done every month?

has the 20mg once every other day help you alot? any side effect from such little dosage?

anyone else done this? legally i mean... with a dermo approving the dosage?

I'm currently on a 20mg per day as prescribed by my dr.

The side effects i've noticed in myself is the same as that of people taking more mgs of roaccutane but in a lesser extent. I do have dry lips, dry skin - especially around my eyes, lower back pain. I feel thirsty most of the time, I always have my bottle of water with me.

I'm still on my 11th day, so i'm expecting things to get worse.

I was on 20mg per day throughout my entire course and side effects are indeed minimal but you can't run away from the dry lips even if you go low.

Hi, here's what I have done:

10mg per day for 3 months

20 mg for 3 months

now 20 mg every other day for 3 months

This is my doctor's prescription and advice. I had side effects pretty bad with the 20mg per day, dry mouth and bled when I pooped (gross!). Now i am better, but still have dry lips and mouth. Oh, and my skin is flawless! I haven had a pimple in 2 months!

FYI I am 28 years old, female, 63 kg (140 lbs)

bloodtest are done every 6 weeks...currently im in week 2 or 3 dont know , no sides at ALL! (no chapped lips, a little dry skin after shower , but nuttin to worry about what a good moist. cant handle :) )