Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PureVanity

applying ACV topically

i have pretty sensitive skin, and im hearing that ACV is very acidic? i get my first bottle tommorow, and im not sure if im supposed to mix it with water or just put it on a cottonball and rub it allover my face. anyone know how to do it properly?

Dilute with water.

Start off with 1 part ACV to 8 parts water, and gradually work your way up to 1:1.

Dab over your entire face with a cotton ball every night. Depending on how sensitive your skin is, you can wash off after 20 minutes or leave it on.

hmm, im alittle confused. i dont understand the one part acv and eight parts water. what does parts mean? is that like, tablespoons or teaspoons or what? lol

hmm, im alittle confused. i dont understand the one part acv and eight parts water. what does parts mean? is that like, tablespoons or teaspoons or what? lol

Yes dilute it with water and work your way up to less water as your skin can tolerate.

However, if you've never applied an ACV solution to your face TEST AN AREA FIRST. I can't stress this enough as some people simply cannot tolerate ACV.

Dab your ACV/water solution with a cotton ball and apply to a small area such as behind your ear. Check the area in 30mins - 1hr to see if the area is red, irritated, or developed some form of rash. If so, ACV is not for you.

Good luck and I hope it works as well for you as it does for me! :)

I started with 3 parts clean water and 1 part ACV. Now im at 2 parts water and 1 part ACV. My skin is not sensitive at all though. But work your way up. And yeah, try it in one little area in the beginning. Some people gets a rash from ACV.

Yes dilute it with water and work your way up to less water as your skin can tolerate.

However, if you've never applied an ACV solution to your face TEST AN AREA FIRST. I can't stress this enough as some people simply cannot tolerate ACV.

Dab your ACV/water solution with a cotton ball and apply to a small area such as behind your ear. Check the area in 30mins - 1hr to see if the area is red, irritated, or developed some form of rash. If so, ACV is not for you.

Good luck and I hope it works as well for you as it does for me! :)

I still use topical acv - as a pre and after-shave. An idea that came up ages ago was to add lemon juice to the mix as it neutralises the smell (really works) - but dilute it well. Some people are allergic to it and topical lemon juice can be pretty harsh. Won't say it cured anything but it helped alot and it's a very good toner.

good sig wantobefree btw - very true.