Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pumpkin

Cortisone Injections...please help!

Hi all,

I really need some advice on cortisone injections. I'm currently on a mild dose of roaccutane (20mg a day) and I've developed a cyst on my chin. Now I've never had cystic acne in my life and I reckon that the chances are the Roaccutane has done this to me!

I went to see my derm a couple of days ago and he said that he needs it to be injected with a cortisone injection for it to heal. I've already unfortunately picked at it when it first came up and left a red mark which is still there under the skin (probably because the infection hasn't cleared).

I got scared and told him that I didn't want the injection as I've heard that it can cause the skin to atrophy and leave a big dent. Now the cyst is getting bigger (but it isn't painful or anything)

The dilemma is...should I get the cortisone injection asap or leave it to possibly heal on its own? It's becoming more and more difficult to conceal with make-up!

Please give me some advice and experiences of cortisone injections as I don't trust my derm!

Thanks so so much

Dude, cortisone shots are quick and easy. I've had a bunch and havent experienced any atrophy. Stop stressing yourself out and go get that cyst zapped!

I must have had a "zillion" injections over the last 15 yrs, and none of them left indentations. Good luck!