Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sid99

Had my first microdermabrasion today

Well today was my first microdermabrasion treatment. I was doing it to get rid of brown/red hyperpigmentation marks left over from acne and generally to even my skin tone. I have little active acne maybe 1 or 2 pimples (one which is a bump and seem to have dry sebum in but doesnt seem inflamed although I dont know how to get it out). The treatment was done at a local spa and the staff were very very polite and welcoming. It cost me £55 about $100-$110 for one treatment. I have to say the results were actually very dissapointing. Overall my skin was smooth but I didnt notice a slight bit difference on the marks. I have been treating them with a skin lightener prior to this which after some motnhs has lightened them. She first applied cream to remove dirt and clean my pore then she did the microdermabrasion which actually didnt hurt at all (as in not even a bit). She started on level 1 then moved to level 2. Apparently there was a level 3 as well and I dont know what the maximum was. After this she then applied a facial mask left for 10 mins, then moisturised. I am thinking now whether I should book in more and do maybe a 3-4 and see how results are. She said I could do them every 2 weeks although I would have hoped more like once a week as some others have done.

So tell me is this expected from my first treament and can results become alot better as I continue? Also was the level too low? My skin wasn't even slightly red after the treatment (even though i'm brown) but looked the same except slightly more smoother. Anyone else have experience with microderms???

I'm due to get one in June, though after reading other people's verdicts I'm a tad dubious... very few people seem to be genuinely satisfied with the results so am wondering if I should just get the TCA peels instead? Friggin' expensive though... :think:

I'm due to get one in June, though after reading other people's verdicts I'm a tad dubious... very few people seem to be genuinely satisfied with the results so am wondering if I should just get the TCA peels instead? Friggin' expensive though... :think:

ye velocifero do you have red marks or brown ones? I think they are different and different things work for either. I too am thinking whether I shall return in 2 weeks and end up spending so much money again. I really don't know what to do from here on. Another thing i've noticed that almost all pimples I get NOW leave a mark which never used to happen, its like the body has started to react against the skin lightener. How to end this nightmare...