Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mm2ndj

Derm says 3 Fraxels will Remove Scars? True??

hi, i have scars from a couple decades of severe acne. the scars are 20 yrs. old and are very noticeable on my face. a couple of deep holes but mostly a rough, moonscape look on my cheeks. orange peel skin elsewhere on my face.

i met a dermatologist today who said in 3 Fraxels my scars would be gone. i had read 10 sessions is required on this board. she seemed reputable but perhaps very concerned with ringing up business? this derm does do a lot of public relations and marketing so i do not know if i should trust her fully. she charges $1,000 per Fraxel and that is a lot of money if i'm not going to have very different skin afterwards.

thank you for your input.

your doctor is doing the typical exaggeration to sell you a package. (and probably to pay off her machine). your scars will never be gone. 3 fraxels only covers less than 60 percent of your skin so how on earth would your scars be gone?? the laser will only have hit 60 percent of them!

take it with a grain of salt. your doctor sounds like a salesman first and MD second. find another.

Ditto, there are a lot of people on here who have had up to 6 with minimal to mediocore results. Your derm is either very inexperienced with Fraxel or just wants to make money.

I just saw my cosmetic dermatologist today. She's very good and I trust her. We talked about fraxel re:store and fraxel re:pair.

Fraxel re:pair she said 4 sessions for 50% iprovement. She said 100% is not possible.

It costs 1K for each treatment. She also said 1-3 will probably do very little good at all. Not worth it.

This is a it expensize for me.

The re:pair is only one treatment but the woman to qoute prices was gone. The done town for this is a week or more.

So I'm trying to decide waht to do as well. If you want to talk offline maybe we chan figure it out. My scars are 20 years old as well.

Leslie

Hi,

I've just completed 4 treatments and had the scars from 15-20 years. The doctor that evaluated my face was honest. He said 10 treatments. I had ice pick, rolling, and box scars.

No way do I think that you will be scar free with 3 treatments. I think that I have about 50-60% improvement. Some scars disappeared while others improved. I don't regret having the treatments, but yes the treatments are expensive so I had to stop.

I also broke out during the treatments and got 2 huge cysts even though I was taking antibiotics. The nurse said that the breakout was probably from the treatments. One cyst I still have and the other one left a scar. I'm just hoping that since I just completed the treatments the scars will eventually go away...

The treatments also made my skin smoother. I might try Fraxel again next year when I can save more money. I paid $3,400 for the 4 treatments.

I just saw my cosmetic dermatologist today. She's very good and I trust her. We talked about fraxel re:store and fraxel re:pair.

Fraxel re:pair she said 4 sessions for 50% iprovement. She said 100% is not possible.

It costs 1K for each treatment. She also said 1-3 will probably do very little good at all. Not worth it.

This is a it expensize for me.

The re:pair is only one treatment but the woman to qoute prices was gone. The done town for this is a week or more.

So I'm trying to decide waht to do as well. If you want to talk offline maybe we chan figure it out. My scars are 20 years old as well.

Leslie

That doctor is a liar...I've had 5 treatments on my rolling scars and did not notice ANY improvement!

I've just had my 10th treatment yesterday. I've had 5 from restore and 5 from re:pair. My doctor had adviced me to stop on the treatments and wait 6 month (Oct/2008) then do a follow up with her. So far I am not seeing a big improvement w/ the re:pair series. Also i've was told there is going to be another upgrade coming out and Fraxel is in the midst of testing the system. So far 3 treatments is still required for it. mm2ndj, I don't think 3 treatment will resolve your scarring.

hi, i have scars from a couple decades of severe acne. the scars are 20 yrs. old and are very noticeable on my face. a couple of deep holes but mostly a rough, moonscape look on my cheeks. orange peel skin elsewhere on my face.

i met a dermatologist today who said in 3 Fraxels my scars would be gone. i had read 10 sessions is required on this board. she seemed reputable but perhaps very concerned with ringing up business? this derm does do a lot of public relations and marketing so i do not know if i should trust her fully. she charges $1,000 per Fraxel and that is a lot of money if i'm not going to have very different skin afterwards.

I've just had my 10th treatment yesterday. I've had 5 from restore and 5 from re:pair. My doctor had adviced me to stop on the treatments and wait 6 month (Oct/2008) then do a follow up with her. So far I am not seeing a big improvement w/ the re:pair series. Also i've was told there is going to be another upgrade coming out and Fraxel is in the midst of testing the system. So far 3 treatments is still required for it. mm2ndj, I don't think 3 treatment will resolve your scarring.

I've had 5 fraxels and 2 subcisions. I have rolling scars and I think the subcision has worked the best. Some of my saucer shaped rolling scars have disapeared. Other indentions have lessened. Fraxel has made the overall appearance of my skin much smoother and much more even tone.

Overall I'm much happier with my skin then I was a year ago. I would like to have another subcison in the near future.

I've had 5 fraxels and 2 subcisions. I have rolling scars and I think the subcision has worked the best. Some of my saucer shaped rolling scars have disapeared. Other indentions have lessened. Fraxel has made the overall appearance of my skin much smoother and much more even tone.

Overall I'm much happier with my skin then I was a year ago. I would like to have another subcison in the near future.

I went to Dr Sire in Fullerton, CA for the subcisions and Dr Pilest in Irvine for the Fraxel.

I went to Dr Sire in Fullerton, CA for the subcisions and Dr Pilest in Irvine for the Fraxel.

Can you tell me how much Dr. Pilest charges for Fraxel. I am in SoCal too, and I have seen his website, but am unsure of what to expect. Thanks! Gigi

Can you tell me how much Dr. Pilest charges for Fraxel. I am in SoCal too, and I have seen his website, but am unsure of what to expect. Thanks! Gigi