Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PureVanity

simple detoxing

everyones been saying that doing a liver or a bowel detox will do wonders for your skin. i was reading online from a book called the cure for all diseases, and there were recipes for liver detoxes and whatnot, but i read the ingredients and KNEW i wouldnt be able to find or afford any of it. the recipe called for strange things like black walnut hulls and cloves and epsom salt. the salt i can get, but isnt there a more simple way to do it? i would GREATLY appreciate it if anyone here who does flushing provide me with a simple recipe with simple incredients that i could pick up at a grocery store.

I would do anything more complicated than an apple fast, similar mono meal fast or a liquid fast. I think those are the best detox methods. They allow the body to do the detox naturally instead of forcing it into detox reaction with herbs or excessive oil.

If you've never detoxed before liquid only fast can be quite rough. I would recommend starting with apple fast. 3 to 4 days is a good start. Basically eat nothing but apples for those 3 to 4 days and drink lots of water. Also make sure you rest a lot. I find that I eat around 10 apples a day on an apply fast.

If you've never detoxed before liquid only fast can be quite rough. I would recommend starting with apple fast. 3 to 4 days is a good start. Basically eat nothing but apples for those 3 to 4 days and drink lots of water. Also make sure you rest a lot. I find that I eat around 10 apples a day on an apply fast.

The whole point of detoxing is that you give your body time to rest and recuperate. I think better name for fasting is rest. You give your body as much rest as possible. That means rest from physical, mental,sensory and digestive stress.

That's why fasting/detoxing works so well. Your body has time to rest and do some repair and maintenance work.

Each of us carries more than enough blubber around us to support us many days. Energy is not an issue. People can fast 30 or more days with water alone. Another thing is that digestion uses up to 40% of your total energy. When you eat simple diet (apple only) that % drops significantly.

The whole point of detoxing is that you give your body time to rest and recuperate. I think better name for fasting is rest. You give your body as much rest as possible. That means rest from physical, mental,sensory and digestive stress.

That's why fasting/detoxing works so well. Your body has time to rest and do some repair and maintenance work.

Each of us carries more than enough blubber around us to support us many days. Energy is not an issue. People can fast 30 or more days with water alone. Another thing is that digestion uses up to 40% of your total energy. When you eat simple diet (apple only) that % drops significantly.

Of course you know your body better than I do, so I'm not going to argue with you. Still, physiologically speaking, it's not possible you run out of energy after few days without food.

Maybe it's blood sugar issues or maybe it's just that you are used to putting food into your stomach. You are used to having something there and when it's empty feel like you are fainting.

Anyhow, apple fast is anything but starving. You can eat as many apples as you choose to. And apples do give you more than enough of energy to survive.

Yes, it would be good to take some time off. I always do my fast over the weekend. During a fast you wouldn't want to be at work anyway, because it's going to feel like a hangover.