Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i will go ahead and apologize in advance, as this is a rant. i'm pretty upset right now and i really don't have anyone to talk to.

since i failed on accutane, i've been really really depressed. worse than ever. i literally have failed every single treatment available. i just don't know if i care to deal with it anymore. i was once a model, loving life. now i slowly watch bumps, scars, and red marks take over my face. and now i know i'm stuck with it. i watch my mother. 50 years old and her face is covered with acne pits and large acne leisons. she takes drugs and binge eats every night before passing out on the couch. i dont think i can stomach trying to look at myself every day in the mirror with this on my face. i dont want to still be dealing with this at 50 and i honestly am afaid that may be the case, given i have such a strong genetic tendency. my thoughts have been filled with suicidal ideations. all i want to do is live....just be happy and free. yet my life has been taken over and all my dreams are gone. what is the point of life when everything you worked so hard for is ripped out from under you. and all thats left is lonliness, isolation, and a face full of bumps. i'm sick of this and i'm sick of life. god, i dont want to die. beileve me. but i don't know if i have any other choice...

Please don't give up. I know it's hard to believe, I never thought I would believe it, but appearance isn't everything.

Seriously you should see a therapist and/or try getting some antidepressant's from a pyschiatrist. Trust me, you will feel a lot better than you are now.

Hope you feel better soon.

u know what........sometimes i just want to kill myself too. I mean we didn't do anything wrong, why the hell do we have these freaking acne on our face. i use to be a confident and outgoing person, enjoying my live.Now? i just want to live on a isolated island where nobody can see me.

yeah thats how i felt all the time,since i have my horrible acne. but u know what, there are friends and family who really care for me, they dont mind if i have acne or not, i just have to be myself. hopefully one day my acne will be gone and yours too. NEVER give up NEVER stop!

Me too! suicide is so appealing.

Just to end all the paranoia of people watching your spots.

but...

Theres no point.

Its a test from God himself, an awful test..... but with every test there is results.

Be brave and Be strong and God will reward you..

and then you can eat lots of choco cake yum yum :D

I have s-e-v-e-r-e acne (look at pics if u don't believe how severe) and have suffered it for 6 years now. I also have really bad scars left, almost to the point where i cant SEE my natual skin colour over the redness. It sucks like hell. And the thoughts mentioned above do cross my mind, but then i think -- get over yourself Tanya.

To be honest, acne does not cause u to be disabled in any way, it does not restrict you so much that you can't get on with your life. Acne is a bitch but there are soooo many people out there who have bigger problems than craters or bumps, OR both on their face. It's just unpleasant to look at and hurts sometimes, big deal. Admittedly it takes a lot out of you but you got to be strong and don't let the bitch beat you! :angry:

Also, my acne is worse than ever right now because im in the final year of my a levels and therefore stressed, so breaking out BIG TIME.

My theory is, don't sit on your ass depressed because you look horrid, get good grades, get ur degree, be rich and then by that time they would have invented something to get rid of acne/scars that if bloody expensive but can pay for it because of the fact that your stinking rich.

Don't let it demotivate you and run your life.

I know its rough. But i honestly believe the fight with acne is an internal battle.

Try a detox. Epson salt baths are great.

I am a strong believer that our souls need to be cured before our bodys stand a chance. Seriously buy Eckhart Tolles The Power of Now or watch his Youtube Videos. If you take the words to heart it will change your life.

Switchfoot - Stars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_Fj7wbc3Zc...feature=related

If accutane didn't work for you, I think your next step should be taking a few months break to get your body back to normal, then do a extreme long-term diet approach. There's still hope :surprised:

Or you could try Apathy, I hear it's approved by the FDA now.

Since everything seems to have failed, no real sense in worrying about it, you've done all you can. Let it go.

*hugs* I'm really sorry that you feel like this. But you don't have to end up being exactly like your mum (no offense intended); it is possibly to take control over your life and your skin. Hell, it's taken me ten years, and I'm only 19.

You don't mention whether you've tried Dan's BP or not...I agree with crazian that maybe you should let your skin recover for a bit. Don't pick at all, and then maybe try BP again.

It's hard to believe, I know, but you really, really, aren't alone in this.

If its any consolation my dermatologist told me that after course of roaccutane medications that hadn't worked before can often have an affect.

When I am having a bad day with skin I try and remember that there are people in the world who can't walk. Who have no arms. Or no legs. Or half a heart. Or have had to witness their entire family being murdered in front of their eyes.

Or who live in war torn countries and have been raped as young as six years old.

There are places women can't even learn to drive a car because it's illegal.

Your skin may be as horrible as you say, and if your mother acts in the way you describe, do you really want to give up hope like that?

There are so many ways you can choose to live your life that your skin has no bearing on.