Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnefrigginsucks

powder on severe acne?

hi, im a guy with severe acne. i mean SEVERE. i've just read the sticky post by Sparty and it says i can put on powder to help hide my acne. im just wondering, won't the powder clog pores and make things worse? need reply asap thx

hi, im a guy with severe acne. i mean SEVERE. i've just read the sticky post by Sparty and it says i can put on powder to help hide my acne. im just wondering, won't the powder clog pores and make things worse? need reply asap thx

Yeah it will. Using makeup to cover severe acne never really worked for me. Liquid foundation might've worked once in a while, on a good day, but powder only made it seem worse.

Yeah it will. Using makeup to cover severe acne never really worked for me. Liquid foundation might've worked once in a while, on a good day, but powder only made it seem worse.

if i were you, i would use a light dusting of a loose powder just to take down the redness. if you really do have severe acne (and aren't just exaggerating,) you're not going to be able to cover everything, and besides, you're a guy, so you don't want it to be obvious that you're wearing make-up either. mineral make-up is a good option.

I have severe acne and when i use mineral make-up, as its a powder, it sometimes makes the acne look worse! Because it looks dry and has crappy coverage.

You may think this is weird, but sometimes i use this green liquid thing, its like a foundation but it's actually made for people who have red patches on their face or whatever, once u rub it in it reduces redness a great deal, and it doesn't look like like your wearing make-up either (but it must clog those pores like hell!)

When I did have severe acne I always used liquid. I found it covered better and not as "chalky" as powder. However, powder is known to not clog your pores as much as liquid but in my case it wasn't true. But, be aware that talc is an ingredient in the powder forms, in most make-up brands. I used Clinique powders for awhile and found they broke me out, and talc was the first ingredient in all the one's I used.

They both have advantages and disadvantages, but If I was to choice powder over liquid I would choose liquid in a heartbeat. I find on my skin it covers nicely, and is not so dry and cakey looking.

But, I stopped using all powders and liquids awhile back and my face improved greatly. I would say for you to not get into the whole powder crap. The less you have on your face the less you have to worry about breaking out.

Also, are you on Accutane?

Maybellines new mineral powder is Talc free, ive been using it for a few weeks and i like it, its not breaking me out either. However i just want to point out my spots are hormonal (only have them week before and week off my period) so makeup doesnt cause mine anyway. It says the main ingredient is zinc isnt that good for spots?