Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ever since essentially eliminating carbs and going the veggi and meat route, I've been burping a lot more than usual. Especially after drinking water. And these aren't dainty "my stomach is full" burps. These are hot air balloon filling/stomach shrinking burps.

Does anyone else have this conversation stopper?

It's possible that your stomach is adjusting to the different conglomeration of foods it's getting. You need different bacteria to digest different food, so right now balance is probably all shot.

I myself burp a ton after drinking water, and after eating apples. Somehow I ingest air with both these products. ::shrugs::

Ever since essentially eliminating carbs and going the veggi and meat route, I've been burping a lot more than usual. Especially after drinking water. And these aren't dainty "my stomach is full" burps. These are hot air balloon filling/stomach shrinking burps.

Does anyone else have this conversation stopper?

Burping might be a sign of indigestion. Even though you've eliminated carbs, are you still eating any common allergens that you might be reacting to? Eggs, spinach, soy, etc?

And you might want to wait until after your meals to drink any water.

I used to have acid reflux horribly until I cut carbs. Weird.

I don't burp so much during the day and if I do its kind of, dainty. The main thing is at night when I lay down to sleep. If I don't burp I at least feel a bunch of air compressing and whatnot. Sounds like fireworks going on under water.

I burp extremely loud whenever I drink beer or soda. I'm talking about head turning, window rattling belches. The ladies love it. Sometimes I finish it off with some sort of Elvis style kick move.

But seriously, try munching on a couple papaya tablets. I usually chomp on a few after meals as I've always had indigestion issues.

I noticed that too when I first switched to low carb. It doesn't happen anymore though (been on it about 6 months). I stopped cooking my vegetables in olive oil (which gave me the stomach rumblies like no other) so that may have been it or maybe it just goes away over time. Or maybe I just don't notice it as much now. Hmm.