Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
john1234

So ahead of the times...I never knew!

http://www.skinclean.com/documents/milk.htm

Are you guys aware that there was so much speculation on the acne triggers before the low carb craze hit?

Go to the middle of the article....these researchers have been at this for 50 years+ already...

"Nutrition

Since the early studies in the cause of acne, nutrition has held a high place in discussion. Buckley111 in 1906 noted that bananas and nuts frequently aggravated acneiform eruptions. Wells17 in 1932 cited cheese, eggs, pork and chocolate as factors in acne and White18 in 1933 found that chocolate, milk, wheat, oranges, tomatoes and nuts were the foods most frequently incriminated. Sulzberger et al112 in 1934 showed that patients with acne responded uniformly with an eruption when potassium iodide was ingested (This is a reaction seldom found in persons without acne diathesis. Does this change unsaturated fats to saturated fats?). Rowe13 in 1936 reported cure of acne patients with the elimination of certain foods. Cormia14 in 1940 reported decided improvement in 30 patients treated strictly by a milk diet; also improvement occurred in several patients on a strictly milk diet in whom no evidence of food sensitivity could be determined. (Does the combination of milk and other foods cause reaction?) Cormia also found the foods producing the largest number of lesions were: wheat, tomatoes, milk, chocolate, nuts and spinach. Semon and Herrmann19 in 1940 found that a group of 11 patients with acne showed a lag in return of blood glucose tolerance curve after ingestion of 50 gm. of glucose; testing was done at half hour intervals. When 3 to 5 units of protamine zinc insulin by hypodermic injection was given two to three times weekly improvement was noted; relapse occurred when the insulin was not given. "

"Since the sebaceous glands synthesize their own sebum and since overfeeding of carbohydrates and of fats has been shown to increase sebum production, these foods in excess should be reduced in quantity in the diet and given in small and frequent amounts so that the blood stream does not get an over-supply in peaks. Therefore, smaller meals and frequent feedings are recommended with the reduction in intake of sugar, heavy starchy meals, alcohol and fatty foods. It is important to remember that cow's milk contains 40 Gm. of fat per liter. "

HAHAH, this is incredible... 1965 guys!!!

"Since the sebaceous glands synthesize their own sebum and since overfeeding of carbohydrates and of fats has been shown to increase sebum production, these foods in excess should be reduced in quantity in the diet and given in small and frequent amounts so that the blood stream does not get an over-supply in peaks. Therefore, smaller meals and frequent feedings are recommended with the reduction in intake of sugar, heavy starchy meals, alcohol and fatty foods. It is important to remember that cow's milk contains 40 Gm. of fat per liter. "

HAHAH, this is incredible... 1965 guys!!!

All this information has been kept away from us by medical "science". I seriously doubt the healthcare system. From now on I will intend to cure myself, or possibly go to a smart dietitian (which does not advocate the all vegan-no-fat-no energy-I´m feeling hungry-I´m getting sicker-diet.) A few years ago I was sick every two weeks. So sick that I had to go to the hospital every two weeks, mostly with infections in combination with a virus. Once I even got an ear-infection whilst on anti-biotics to cure pneumonia. I asked several doctors if I could do anything to improve my immune system, like changing my diet. The only answer I got was that there is no way to improve your immune system. This I was told in 2005. Don´t trust the health-care system, they want you to stay sick so that you keep buying medicins. A LOT of medicins.