Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bored2tears26

My neck is ridiculously dry

I was on the regimen for about three weeks. My face was incredibly dry and flaky. But that's okay! I read all the comments. I expected that.

What I did not expect was how unbelievably dry my neck was going to become. A strip across my neck had gone completely red, was flaking uncontrollably, was so dry that I had difficulty moving my neck, and all mosturizer made my neck burn like the heat of a thousand suns.

But it doesn't make any sense! I don't use the regimen on my neck. The only thing that gets on there is some cleanser that gets splashed on my neck as I wash my face.

Anyway, my neck eventually bothered me so much, I stopped using the regimen. And sure enough, my neck was perfectly fine in a couple of days!

I initially thought that maybe this was some kind of allergic reaction to benzoyl peroxide, but I was on proactive for two years and never had an issue with it.

Anyway, did anyone else have a problem like this? Am I do something wrong? Any advice?

I'd really appreciate your help. Thanks!

It does sound like the bp was getting on your neck during washing/rinsing. The only thing I can think of is to apply a thin film of Vaseline at night to the area to let it heal. You could also put a layer of Vaseline on there before washing, to protect the neck from the bp splashing around. Then towel it off when you are done.

I've had same troubles with my neck... Just not as bad... my face isn't that dry, but my neck is red and dry as heck...

BUMP

I had that too, it's because the BP gets onto your neck. Maybe you do the area just under your chin and move your fingers downwards? Or the moisturiser carries the BP downwards. How I managed it was I was very careful when putting the BP on, moving left to right on the chin area and then I waited like 10 minutes before putting the moisturiser on, that way the BP was dry and wouldn't carry.

ha yea, ive been putting on A LOT of moisturizer and jojoba. Yea Robj, that may be it. Ill try being more careful. To be honest, ill take the dryness in my neck any day using the regimen, iv been clearing up more and more everyday, redmarks fading fast also