Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For example, say I have a whitehead forming but it hasn't surfaced yet. If I use BP will this make my whitehead surface faster so I can pop it or will it prevent from surfacing and just let it heal where it is?

And I want some other peoples opinions about this. When you put 10% bp on before you go to sleep do you put a little bit on or glob it on so it dries on overnight to nuke the whitehead?

Don't pop spots! SCARS, trust me. Long term you will look like a mess.

yes, but it takes week after week of waiting for the blemish or whitehead to go away...i mean i have had this minor blemish for about 3 weeks now, no sign of going away, i cant physically remove it either...even with benzoyl its still there....so what are the other option is there for a person besides prevention?

Bp creates an oxygen rich environment so that bacteria cannot grow and clog pores. That's mainly how it prevents acne, by killing the bacteria that cause acne. As for as applying bp, you should rub it in over night. If you want it to try up quicker, try a sulfur mask such as proactiv's.