Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dsrfgsertwe

NATURAL SUNLIGHT

Since a little is good for your skin anyway, I'm gonna try to get my face in the sun for at least 20 minutes a day (makeup off, in the privavcy of my backyard). Anyone think this will help?

Kinda, but the UV rays will make your red marks last longer (hyperpigmentation). So I just don't bother anymore.

the earlier in the morning I think the better it will be ( much less possibility of getting sunburnt).Should defifnitely have some positive effect imo. Will also probably help regularise the sleep cycle you may be having trouble with.

K

As much as love sunlight, I can tell you from experience that there is NOTHING worse for redmarks and PIH than the sun. Nothing. Even a few minutes of sun exposure can remove the effects of months of fading the marks...

yeah, it sucks!

My red marks have been fading for the past year and a half but they still linger and Ive been getting no sunlight at all. I remember back when I used to go out and play ball and redmarks didnt stay too long but i was also a lot tanner/darker. I was thinking maybe a little bit of sunlight can help. Does sunblock help prevent redmarks from getting darker by the way?

NO!!!!! dont buy all that crap about the vitamin D helping your skin...maybe...but not for people with red marks. The sun can start damaging your sun in the first 10 minutes your outside (according tomy cosmo class). wear sunscreen at ALL TIMES! sunlight gives you wrinkles, and makes your red marks last longer. I am sure you will still get vitamin D and whatever else the sun gives you with sun screen. ALWAYS WEAR SUNSCREEN!!!!