Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MG86

Accutane and Alcohol

Seems like every time I go on a weekend binge (at least a 12 pack + mickey's worth of shots) I seem to break out. The breakout isn't that bad usually 1 - 3 pimples, unfortunatley a big cystic one last weekend. Not only that but any exczema I have lingering on my hands and forearms also disappears? The skin on my face doesn't become oily but it isn't nearly as dry either, to the point I don't really need to even moisturise...? Is it possible the alcohol is cleaning the Accutane out of my system?

I don't really see how it could? Personally I'd be inclined to think that the alcohol raises your blood sugar which in turn leads to increased androgens and oiler skin. That's just my educated opinion though :P Probably shouldn't be drinking lots on tane anyway though ;)

haha I was feeling guilty about 2 glasses of wine last night, thanks - now I feel fine! Oh and I agree with the above post, and alcohol always used to break me out before, or it could have been the minging takeaways on the way home :rolleyes:

i doubt it. I have been drinking usually weekends since i been on accutane back in december. I havent had any acne for like 2 months now, i should have finished my course but i got some left over tablets so just staying on for few weeks.

I wouldn't think light drinking would cause a break out, but a binge drink would cause dehydration which may make you produce more oil leading to a break out. I know when I occassionally binge my skin always looks terrible the next day...but I feel terrible too...you should probably try your best to avoid binging....:) good luck

Thanks to everyone for their replies! I don't usually binge dirnk, in fact I quit for six months before moving back to my home town area. It's all my childhood friends that are being bad influences lol.