Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been on Proactiv for two weeks now. While I think the BP may be working, I find that the cleanser and the toner are just too harsh for my skin, and the moisturizer just isn't hydrating enough. I came upon this site last weekend and am seriously considering switching over to the Regimen and returning the Proactiv. I seriously wanted to give the Proactiv at least a month, but I'm so dry and flaky right now, it's driving me bonkers! Opinions, please? :)

You have to get used to BP, so flaky skin is hard to avoid, but i'm for the regimen...

It's cheaper and the soap is not as harsh on your skin...

To get rid of flakyness you can exfoliate... I use jojoba oil to remove flakes, and as add-on to my moistourizer...

You have to get used to BP, so flaky skin is hard to avoid, but i'm for the regimen...

It's cheaper and the soap is not as harsh on your skin...

To get rid of flakyness you can exfoliate... I use jojoba oil to remove flakes, and as add-on to my moistourizer...

I'll keep the jojoba oil in mind in any case. Thanks for the response. :)

You can do the Regimen with your Proactiv bp, that way it doesn't go to waste, if you've already been using it.

Just switch the Proactiv cleanser for one that's gentle and unmedicated, and find a good moisturizer. Then you can go ahead and start the Regimen.

You can do the Regimen with your Proactiv bp, that way it doesn't go to waste, if you've already been using it.

Just switch the Proactiv cleanser for one that's gentle and unmedicated, and find a good moisturizer. Then you can go ahead and start the Regimen.

Thanks for the response. I got the 5-step line-up from them and I can get my money back within 60 days of purchase, so I think I'd rather try The Regimen than only use part of the ProActive line-up. Although, I contacted my derm about using BP while TTC and he said he doesn't prescribe it because it is a pregnancy category C drug and he's pretty conservative with ttc and pregnant women. Anyone here use BP while pregnant by any chance?

^ I didn't realize you were trying to get pregnant. I'm glad you called your doctor. Was he able to recommend anything else?

^ I didn't realize you were trying to get pregnant. I'm glad you called your doctor. Was he able to recommend anything else?

Well, I've been on his regimen of topical erythromycin and Finacea for a while and it hasn't been helping. From the research I've been doing on the BP, it doesn't seem to be a big risk to be using it, so I may keep up with it for now until I get pregnant. Then I'll consult my OB about it.