Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
M3rckuk

Urgent, need some advice!

Hi, I have been on Oxytetracycline for quite a while twice daily 2 each time, however it started not to work due to bacteria getting used to the Oxytetracycline, however i have since been increasing the dosage slightly and it makes it work!.

Also for the last 4 days I have been taken 14 Oxytetracycline tablets per day, I haven't had any side effects whatsoever, what can possibly happen if i continue to do this?. I have seen a massive increase, which has never happened before!!!!.

Thanks

Hi, I have been on Oxytetracycline for quite a while twice daily 2 each time, however it started not to work due to bacteria getting used to the Oxytetracycline, however i have since been increasing the dosage slightly and it makes it work!.

Also for the last 4 days I have been taken 14 Oxytetracycline tablets per day, I haven't had any side effects whatsoever, what can possibly happen if i continue to do this?. I have seen a massive increase, which has never happened before!!!!.

Thanks

In our body we have good/bad bacteria, we need good bacteria to maintain overall general health. Antibiotics kill bacteria indescriminantly, overtime you will feel less healthy, tired and could develop candida which would be worse and accelerate your candida.

I think you should ween off it slowly and seek alternative ways, this is my regimen.

This is my regimen

Topically

You need something that exfoliates skin (Benzoyl Peroxide)

You also need something that promotes cell turnover (Differin)

Supplements

1. Essential Fatty Acids (To balance hormones)

2. Psyllium Husk powder (2 tablespoones 3 times a day 2 hours after a meal)

3. Digestive enzymes

4. Betein HCL to break food down.

5. A good balanced multivitamin, or seperately A, B, C, E.

6. Acidopholus (3billion + 4 strain bacteria Like FiveLac)

7. Anti Candida supps (Anti-Candi)

8. Taurine 1000mg after each meal

Add these supplements 1 by one and see what progress you make, if posotive then continue, if negative then negate.

Diet

Avoid all sugar that contains ose i.e. Fructose.

Avoid all vegetable oil.

Avoid wheat & Dairy.

Other

Get plenty on sunshine (shrinks oil glands)

Plenty of exercise and rest.

Finally think posotive and you shall with the help of god overcome this disease.

It is extremely unwise to the point of irrationality to increase the dosage of any medication (particularly antibiotics) to that point. You are risking your liver and possibly your kidneys as those organs metabolize medications.

Stop the excess dosage immediately and contact your derm for alternative treatment. It may be ok to increase the dosage, but you should NEVER do it on your own. By the way, it is not within the rules of this board to discuss increasing medications on your own; that's akin to self-prescribing and it is not allowed on this board. Topic closed.