Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
2old4this

Amazing lotion to help heal red marks

Hello all. I am a 40-year old acne sufferer. I have had it since I was 12, so I have lots of experience in trying to fight it and its after-effects. I have found a lotion that helps my face heal pretty quickly. My Dad brought a tube of it home from work one day and said everyone who had tried for cuts or scrapes had raved about it. It's called SBS 40 and it is made by Debus, Inc. in Stanley, NC. I think they actually market it for skin rashes, scrapes, cuts, and chapping.

I am NOT saying that it fights acne itself--it doesn't as far as I know. But it does help heal a pimple after I have picked at it (I know, that's bad . . . ). It also seems to fade the red spots left after a breakout. I am very pale, so red marks really show up on me.

I put quite a large amount on my face, and it does not make me break out, which is amazing because everything else does. It seems to make all of my skin look better. It is not greasy at all. In fact, if you have really dry skin, you may have to use another moisturizer with it.

Here is some info about it:

It contains a blend of six emollients, including lanolin, to keep skin soft and supple. Allantoin, a cell proliferant, stimulates healthy tissue formation after nicks, cuts or abrasions while Chloroxylenol, a mild anti-microbial, fights bacteria and infection.

Active ingredients: Allantoin, 0.2%, Chloroxylenol, 0.2%.

Other ingredients: Water, Cetyl Esters, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Carbomer 934, Triethanolamine, Stearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance.

I don't think there are many places that sell it, so your best bet would be to order it online. I found a place where it's $4 a tube, which I think is a pretty good price.

http://www.andersons-online.com/Products/SBS_40_493.html

If anyone tries this and has good results, please let me know. I would be happy to know that I had helped someone who has suffered with acne, like me.