Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

okay people.. i have never used eyeliner before..i was wondering if people wear just eyeliner and no eye shadow? im not into the whole eye shadow thing. but anyways... do you all put it on top and bottom or just top? whats some tips?

I have smaller eyes...at least if I smile..my eyes basically close(a la my avatar)....so I don't want to wear a ton of eyeliner, because it makes me eyes look smaller..but I do still want to define them. I use MAC fluidline..in black. I just line the top lid..and not all the way into the eyes...basically I just line where my eyelashes are. Sometimes I wear with eyeshadow, and sometimes I wear without. I plan on getting a few more colors of fluidline(like brown and charcoal)..just to change it up a bit. For me at least, I feel if I wear the eyeliner on my top lids, I look more awake..

Color also makes a difference, if you are blonde, or lighter hair colored, you probably want to go with a brown. I have dark hair and dark lashes, so black works for me.

i love eyeliner - it can do so much - make your eyes bigger, appear wider apart, give the look of a thicker lash line, etc. typically, i do eyeliner with shadow, generally on top of the shadow. if i want a softer line, i'll apply it before the shadow. every once and a while i'll apply it on the bottom, but more often than not, i'll apply it to my lid only. my favorite is MAC fluidline. the staying power is amazing.

I wear eyeliner without eyeshadow quite often, usually because I'm just to lazy to go that extra way for eyeshadow. But, anyway, it depends on the day and the style I'm going for, most days I'll just line the bottom, but if I'm looking for a little extra something sometimes I'll line the top and add a little glitter liner to the outer corner. :D

I usually just smudge black liner into my lower lashes....if I do the top lashes as well, I look too done up. But since I have pretty thick black lashes, I don't need it on the top anyway.

And I don't usually have eyeshadow on.

i love eyeliner - it can do so much - make your eyes bigger, appear wider apart, give the look of a thicker lash line, etc. typically, i do eyeliner with shadow, generally on top of the shadow. if i want a softer line, i'll apply it before the shadow. every once and a while i'll apply it on the bottom, but more often than not, i'll apply it to my lid only. my favorite is MAC fluidline. the staying power is amazing.

i thank this forum for introducing my to fluidline. Holy man, that stuff stays put..my fav. eyeliner by a longshot..

I usually wear eyeliner with eyeshadow. I go for the smudged/soft look so I line my top lids and use the smudger lightly on them and then the bottom outer corners, smudging towards my nose to soften.

Here's a good little video to watch:

http://www.ehow.com/video_157_apply-eyeliner.html

Make sure to view all of the comments because there are some great tips in them.

Yes you can defintely wear eyeliner without eyeshadow, I do that all the time when I want a natural look. Eyeliner is one of my essentials, I can't go without it because it really defines eyes together with mascara. I use both black and white. Black on the upper eyelid and white on the inner corner of the lower lashline. It depends on what kind of look you want, if you want a softer look, go for a pencil eyeliner. For more define lines, opt for a liquid or gel eyeliner though these may need more skills.

I can't, for the life of me, do the liquid liner! It's so weird. When I'm drawing/painting my hand is as steady as a surgeon's, but when it comes to eyeliner...fuggetaboudit. I'm impressed by you ladies that can master the mighty liquid wand.

I can't, for the life of me, do the liquid liner! It's so weird. When I'm drawing/painting my hand is as steady as a surgeon's, but when it comes to eyeliner...fuggetaboudit. I'm impressed by you ladies that can master the mighty liquid wand.

It all depends on the shape of your eyes and how you want them to look, hun.

If you have a clear picture of your peepers (your face would be best but just your eyes will do the trick) I can sketch out a few different things and explain what and why.

Practice!! practice!! practice!!

:) At first it might be easier to just slap it on there and then sculpt it into shape with a q-tip dampened with moisturiser. Always give yourself plenty of time before you have to head out too!

A pencil liner is more forgiving than liquid liner, for me. Pencil is ok by itself but liquid liner just looks awesome with shadow. The colour makes a difference too...

A pic would help! :)

I often just wear eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss. I use Bare Minerals Fashionista, you apply it with a small brush and it stays on all day. I have never had any luck putting liquid liner on. What ever you decide to use good luck.