Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hyde.lawliet

Seriously ...tell me about Paula's BHA 2% Gel

Does it actually BRING out the blackhead with continual use ? What if the blackheads are so deeply embedded in the skin and have been there for 6-7 years ? Does cure facial redness (or heal damaged skin) ?

People keep saying don't squeeze blackheads ... but how are you possibly going to get them out ? Can this BHA really make blackheads come out of their pores ?

BHA is a chemical exfoliator, and it works by penetrating the pore and dissolving layers of skin (exfoliation). BHA is not going to push out the blackhead, meaning you won't actually see it coming out of the pore. Instead it helps to dissolve them and eventually decrease in number with continual use.

BHA is a chemical exfoliator, and it works by penetrating the pore and dissolving layers of skin (exfoliation). BHA is not going to push out the blackhead, meaning you won't actually see it coming out of the pore. Instead it helps to dissolve them and eventually decrease in number with continual use.

BHA, or any exfoliant really, will help with whiteheads or any type of blemish problem. Here's an article that will further help you understand the effects of exfoliants on the skin- Click here.

Fiyero - I see you're using all Paula's choice products. I did last year and I think my skin was much better than it is now. How do you rate her products and are you seeing improvements? Tks

I think the gel has helped a lot with my blackheads. I don't really get whiteheads, so I can't vouch for that. It's toned down facial redness some, too. I also use the Skin Balancing Toner, which also helps with the redness.

I've been using it for 2 days now and, well, it seems fine. Obviously its way too early to tell if its doing anything properly, but I'm finding it very nice. Perhaps some roughness has been sloughed away on my chin, but perhaps that is just wishful thinking. I even like the smell.

:)