Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

k this might be a dumb question but is kefir gluten free.

also, does anyone have a recipe to make it? .. or a website where it tells you how, i cant seem to find anything and i really wanna try this stuff.

thankyou to anyone who replies!:)

k this might be a dumb question but is kefir gluten free.

also, does anyone have a recipe to make it? .. or a website where it tells you how, i cant seem to find anything and i really wanna try this stuff.

thankyou to anyone who replies!:)

Like other said it's gluten free

I suggest you make your own, store bought is not quite as good

it's also really yummy, I've been making my own for a few weeks and it's fun :)

So do you guys/girls who drink kefir have any problems with regular milk? I stay away from milk with a 10ft pole because its nothing but trouble for my skin so I can't imagine kefir being beneficial for me. I know the micro organisms digest some of the lactose but I highly doubt they get all of it.

First of all I want to say Animal Pure Milks are all hardly digest by human! So dont even think about cansume milk as daily food. About Kefir I am positive .. I am drink with no problem digest or bloat.. and no problems + ProBiotics and healthy gut

I've been thinking about starting to drink some kefir on a regular basis.

But but buuuuut !

Traditional Kefir is fermented in milk, and I've cut out dairy for many months, because of hearing alot of bad things about it in regards to acne - and also it seems quite unnatural to drink another animals milk :wacko:

So what's the alternative...? Water kefir?

But also there, I hit a brick wall, as you're supposed to use generous amounts of sugar for the fermentation, and I've cut out all refined sugars from my diet aswell.

But since I'm no kefir expert, I guess I'm asking...Which of the above two is the lesser evil in regards to drinking kefir with acne in mind?

What would be the best to go with then? Water/Sugar Kefir or Milk Kefir?

I've been thinking about starting to drink some kefir on a regular basis.

But but buuuuut !

Traditional Kefir is fermented in milk, and I've cut out dairy for many months, because of hearing alot of bad things about it in regards to acne - and also it seems quite unnatural to drink another animals milk :wacko:

So what's the alternative...? Water kefir?

But also there, I hit a brick wall, as you're supposed to use generous amounts of sugar for the fermentation, and I've cut out all refined sugars from my diet aswell.

But since I'm no kefir expert, I guess I'm asking...Which of the above two is the lesser evil in regards to drinking kefir with acne in mind?

What would be the best to go with then? Water/Sugar Kefir or Milk Kefir?

Milk is great for you as long as it's not processed. The processing makes it bad. Now if you can find organic milk that hasn't been processed much or possibly raw milk (straight from the cow) then you're in business.

You can go for the water kefir and use coconut water as a food source for the kefir. It'll taste yummy aswell if you can afford buying coconut water almost every day :)

For how long should you be drinking kefir, before getting the full effect?

Im considering either this, or Udo's Choice Probiotics, but im not quite sure what to choose.

I got some Candida-overgrowth, and im cutting down on Antibiotics. So its much needed! :D

For how long should you be drinking kefir, before getting the full effect?

Im considering either this, or Udo's Choice Probiotics, but im not quite sure what to choose.

I got some Candida-overgrowth, and im cutting down on Antibiotics. So its much needed! :D

What do you mean?

You should be drinking it for the rest of your life if you ask me, not just because of candida but because of the immense health benefits it has.

It is good to drink kefir, depending on your situation. Pretty much all of the lactose is eliminated if it is allowed to ferment for long enough (1 to 2 days at room temp). It is full of vitamins, minerals and free amino acids which are great for leaky gut issues. It boosts the immune system and greatly reduces lactose intolerance. Drinking kefir on a regular basis will allow you to drink some milk without getting gassy.

BUT

There are several potential issues with drinking milk kefir. First, and most importantly is the casein. The probiotics breakdown most of the casein (curd protein) into a more digestible form and as a result most people don't have a problem, but depending on how sensitive you are it may still trigger problems. If you find you are extremely sensitive to milk, kefir may still give you problems.

If the previous is the case, you need to heal up your gut before drinking real kefir. If you are extremely sensitive, it may make more sense to take supplements, water kefir or kombucha for your probiotics until your system is "ready" for real kefir. Water kefir is a good alternative, though the organisms aren't as well adapted for it. For instance, water kefir grains really don't grow as good since the grains typically require galactose (a sugar found in lactose) to produce the polysaccharides. As a result, some of the probiotic strains found in kefir might not thrive in water kefir. Kombucha tea is another option for people. It is essentially fermented green tea. It provides many of the same benefits of kefir, the only thing is that it takes longer to ferment before the product is ready. This means you tend to prepare it "in bulk."