Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oct

10% AHA Good for Non-inflammatory Acne & Redmarks??

I have read on the web that AHA is often used as a chemical peel to improve the surface of the skin & reduce redmarks by pretty much "unglueing" the top layer of the skin. Is this true & do you think Dan's new AHA (whenever it comes out) will help with my non-inflammatory acne (whiteheads & blackheads) as well as my inflammatory? :think: I also have a bunch of redmarks from previous pimples.

Thank you in advance. <3

I have read on the web that AHA is often used as a chemical peel to improve the surface of the skin & reduce redmarks by pretty much "unglueing" the top layer of the skin. Is this true & do you think Dan's new AHA (whenever it comes out) will help with my non-inflammatory acne (whiteheads & blackheads) as well as my inflammatory? :think: I also have a bunch of redmarks from previous pimples.

Thank you in advance. <3

For redmarks I can highly suggest you start looking in to some Apple Vinegar Cider used as toner.

Diluted 50/50 with clean water. I works very nice, though be aware if you got sensitive skin.

Ive only just started using a bit of AHA, but im not sure if I should use it on all my face. Might use Mandelic Acid instead, since its more gentle.

Emu Oil/Jojoba oil is also good for healing redmarks.

But for blackheads, you should look into some AHA of some kind.

NuCelle Mandelic Serum 10% should be good, havent started using mine fully yet.

But im also looking for a way to clear my blackheads. :-

Thank you in advance. <3

For redmarks I can highly suggest you start looking in to some Apple Vinegar Cider used as toner.

Diluted 50/50 with clean water. I works very nice, though be aware if you got sensitive skin.

Ive only just started using a bit of AHA, but im not sure if I should use it on all my face. Might use Mandelic Acid instead, since its more gentle.

Emu Oil/Jojoba oil is also good for healing redmarks.

But for blackheads, you should look into some AHA of some kind.

NuCelle Mandelic Serum 10% should be good, havent started using mine fully yet.

But im also looking for a way to clear my blackheads. :-

Thanks for replying! Hm, I'll have to look into that Apple Vinegar Cider.

But one of the reasons I was asking about AHA (I'll be honest with you) is that the skin on my forehead is kind of...scaly, I guess the best word is for it. It's not horrible, but it DOES make my forehead EXTREMELY shiny, & it drives me insane. T_T I remember it first coming along after my doctor put my on Retin-A. It seemed to really screw it up for some reason. Helped with whiteheads & blackheads, but made my skin scale. I know sometimes Retin-A makes your skin scale, but it's supposed to subside within a few weeks, which it didn't. So I'm not using that anymore, but I can't get rid of it. I was wondering, since AHA is often used as a chemical peel & taking off the first layer of your skin, if maybe that would help.