Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrFabolous

Which vegetables/fruits to AVOID while on Low GI/Low Carb diet?

Hey guys,

I got a little problem here. Im only 2 weeks into my "diet" but its working great. Skin cleared up, and im not breaking out. Only a few whiteheads, but I guess that was because of bad digestion. I got that kinda sorted out now though with some Psyllium Husks between meals. (1 hours before/after)

So I would like to know:

Which vegetables/fruits should I avoid totally, so I wont get bloodsugar spikes and too high bloodsugar? Im going to the doctor to test my bloodsugar since Im not able to do it at home right now.

Im currently sticking to lean meat, fish, raw vegetables (steamed sometimes), and fresh fruits. Starting creating my own recipes, though im still trying to figure out the best breakfast. I will probable start making some green smoothies for breakfast.

List of fruits im avoiding:

Pineapple

Watermelon

Bananas

Cutting down on red apples (started eating green apples for snacks)

Any other fruits that I should try to avoid? And what about vegetables? Maybe I should cut down on carrots I guess.

I will try adding brown rice and maybe oats into my diet in some months (when im really starting to see results)

Any help is apreciated. Also help regarding which breakfast to eat when doing low carb diets. I cant seem to find any Omega-3 eggs anywhere. So im looking for other solutions. Right now im eating a little chicken, some vegetables and a little fruit for breakfast.

Btw: Sorry for my average english, im from Denmark ;)

Which vegetables/fruits should I avoid totally, so I wont get bloodsugar spikes and too high bloodsugar?

None. It sounds like you are doing fine so there's no reason to be so strict. Just avoid processed foods and drinks, especially anything with added sugar.

As for the eggs, if you can't find any that say omega-3, go for those that are from cage free, free roaming hens.

Yeah but don't eat eggs everyday :D my mom said her doctor said to eat twice a week >_< prolly for her only

dunno how many eggs we can eat a week... but i eat like 4-6 a week.

all fruits and veggies are fine , some people are allergic to certain fruits though...

i saw orange is bad though , dunno what else.

Also, im 18 years old. And my acne started in my forehead, and now when I sometimes get an non-inflamed zit, its on my jaw line or chin. My cheeks and forehead are totally clear. Though I actually got one between my eyebrows some months ago, but that was under the surface. So thats a sign of overloaded liver I guess ;)

I hope my diet will clear out the toxins and balance my hormones just a little bit, and then I can grow out of this shit :D

Also, im 18 years old. And my acne started in my forehead, and now when I sometimes get an non-inflamed zit, its on my jaw line or chin. My cheeks and forehead are totally clear. Though I actually got one between my eyebrows some months ago, but that was under the surface. So thats a sign of overloaded liver I guess ;)

I hope my diet will clear out the toxins and balance my hormones just a little bit, and then I can grow out of this shit :D

Acne tends to start on the forehead and then move downward. It did for me. I've only gotten the tiniest clogged pores on my forehead for many years now and that tends to be caused by topicals and it's the only place I've ever observed a topical breaking me out. Now, when I get a breakout on my chin, jaw or neck, it's an allergic reaction to citrus. Just something for you to consider. Is your skin excessively oily.

I think the things you are eating are more valuable at this point than the things you aren't. Try to eat a lot of veggies that contain sulfur like broccoli, spinach, onions, garlic, tumeric which is in curry and mustard. Also quercetin in the apples. These are good for you liver and are good for sources for the nutrients listed on this site. This is about estrogen dominance, but skip down to the nutrional supplementation list. I wish it did a better job listing food sources for the nutrients.

However, as you change your diet, always keep an eye out for something that you might be intolerant too.

Yeah, it does the exact same thing for me. I will look out for that citrus thing. Im actually using alot of citrus in my food, since I think it gives a nice flavor. But I could be allergic to it though. My skin is not that oily anymore. But still a little bit. What could that be?

I'm glad you're seeing results! Other than potatoes, I don't limit any vegetables. I eat any kind of fruit. Eggs aren't likely to cause to acne, and they are a great, inexpensive source of protein and full of other nutrients. I wouldn't stress too much about finding omega-3 eggs; just find good quality eggs - free range. The more variety you can add to your diet, the easier it will be to stick to and the healthier it will be. Good luck!!

Yeah, it does the exact same thing for me. I will look out for that citrus thing. Im actually using alot of citrus in my food, since I think it gives a nice flavor. But I could be allergic to it though. My skin is not that oily anymore. But still a little bit. What could that be?

Well, a little oily is a good thing as long as it isn't breaking you out. Did you get less oily since you started your new diet? If so, then I think you are doing great and you should just keep it up. And add back in foods gradually.

I don't actually have a problem having lemon or lime juice in or with my food. I can't drink lemon in water thoughout the day though. I will get a cyst on my neck or jaw if I do. And I can't eat an orange or tangerine, even with a meal. I tried having a tangerine for the first time at Christmas thinking it might cause as much of an effect as oranges do, especially if I have it after a meal.

I'm glad you're seeing results! Other than potatoes, I don't limit any vegetables. I eat any kind of fruit. Eggs aren't likely to cause to acne, and they are a great, inexpensive source of protein and full of other nutrients. I wouldn't stress too much about finding omega-3 eggs; just find good quality eggs - free range. The more variety you can add to your diet, the easier it will be to stick to and the healthier it will be. Good luck!!

Easy to find omega 3 eggs or w.e , but they are brown eggs dunno if bad...

but has good omega i always buy those and is great.. taste good. , smelly though.. lol

will try to find omega or free range white eggs.

Easy to find omega 3 eggs or w.e , but they are brown eggs dunno if bad...

but has good omega i always buy those and is great.. taste good. , smelly though.. lol

will try to find omega or free range white eggs.