Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vitamin A acne remission  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Did Vitamin A megadosing cause a remission of acne after you stopped taking it?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • No, but afterwards it was less severe.
  2. 2. Did you use topical medications during your megadosing?

• Yes.
    • No.

I took accutane and I think I'm about 6 or 7 months post-tane. Just recently, I started getting some minor zits here and there (*knocks on wood* hopefully it will stay minor.) I used no topicals.

Do you think after I stay on my 256,000 IU dose for a few months (assuming I can still tolerate it) that I may experience remission? Or perhaps my skin will be more resilient to breaking out, in which case I can do it again... As of now I feel no side effects from the Vitamin A. I take it with my fish oil, zinc, B complex, saw palmetto, borage, vitamin e, and chromium picolinate.

Do you think after I stay on my 256,000 IU dose for a few months (assuming I can still tolerate it) that I may experience remission? Or perhaps my skin will be more resilient to breaking out, in which case I can do it again... As of now I feel no side effects from the Vitamin A. I take it with my fish oil, zinc, B complex, saw palmetto, borage, vitamin e, and chromium picolinate.

Reizo, I'm taking 100,000 IU of Cod liver oil a day and it definitely looks like it's working. My face got more oily a couple of days and I was getting a several whiteheads which was weird since after going on accutane, I only got one whitehead at a time, but I still persisted and I swear, I'm getting less oil on my face. I don't want to hype it up so I'm going to make sure I do it for 3 months and then draw a conclusion. A study on Pubmed states that there was no real problems with people taking 25,000 - 75,000 IU of vitamin A per day over a year.

Which type of vitamin A is it?

Speaking of which alreadyover...You found that 75,000 can be considered safe for a year? I wonder if that translates to my current does being safe for 4 months...Since I am *almost I'm close to 300,000 IU's. I am at 256,000 IU's right now.

I also plan on getting a bloodtest done within like a month just to make sure everything is honkey doory. Keep your fingers crossed tightly!

Just to let you know I'm at 310,000 IU.

You can check my blog for more details (just hit my profile).

Although I do take vitamin D (sometimes up to 27000 IU, which is an insane amount) and vitamin K2 (MK-4, about 10mg or about 1300x the recommended amount...again, massive).

I'm not into it a month yet though...but I didn't start off at 310,000 IU. (The extra 10,000 is from cod liver oil)

As far as improvements go, my pores did shrink but I am pretty strict about my diet. But I binged on ice cream last night and my face became more oily and my pores became larger...despite taking the listed amount of vitamin A above.