Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sara M

Drinking more water and cutting out milk.

Has anyone here tried drinking more water or cutting milk from your diet? Did you see any improvement?

Thanks!

I've already cut out milk, and i'm only drinking water and sometimes green tea with peppermint. Dairy were one of the things that caused my acne.

Dairy free is the way to go. One of the worst and probably the most common Acne trigger. Just cutting out the milk is good but Complete dairy avoidance is even better (except perhaps youghurt if you can handle it.).

http://www.notmilk.com/

Drinking more water is also very essential.

You are going in the right direction.

I drink a lot of water. However, a lot of the foods I eat contain dairy somewhere. It makes me lactose intolerant but the thing is I dont know how to eat foods that dont have milk. I mean it seems like everything contains dairy somewhere!

i was still gettin acne after accutane. once i stopped cow milk and dairy the acne stopped completely. i went 6 months with zero acne! then i had soem milk and got a pimple. i experimented many times before that too and each time i went without dairy my acne went into complete remission. every time i tried to reintroduce dairy my acne came back.

remember you have to cut out milk completely! but also ice cream, yogurt, cheese, etc. all dairy products. even frosting or choclate on baked goods. even baked goods themselves which have milk in the bread or mix!

personally i eat a bit of cheese and thats fine for me. some people can't though cause thats enough to cause acne. you have to experiment with total restriction until ur acne clears then reintroduce different kinds of dairy to see if they cause acne.

There is now even scientific evidence which links dairy to acne. Also regardless of this, drinking plenty of water keeps you hydrated which ensures natural exfoliation of the skin. One of the precursors of acne is blocked pores due to poor removal of dead skin cells.

If anyone is complaining about acne but refuses to give up dairy because they can't live without it, then they need to get some self-discipline, *cough* molly.

theres soy milk and products which taste better than dairy. it just takes getting used to. tastes weird to eat cereal with soy milk at first but after a week or two you get used to it. same with soy ice cream tofuti.

i was still gettin acne after accutane. once i stopped cow milk and dairy the acne stopped completely. i went 6 months with zero acne! then i had soem milk and got a pimple. i experimented many times before that too and each time i went without dairy my acne went into complete remission. every time i tried to reintroduce dairy my acne came back.

remember you have to cut out milk completely! but also ice cream, yogurt, cheese, etc. all dairy products. even frosting or choclate on baked goods. even baked goods themselves which have milk in the bread or mix!

personally i eat a bit of cheese and thats fine for me. some people can't though cause thats enough to cause acne. you have to experiment with total restriction until ur acne clears then reintroduce different kinds of dairy to see if they cause acne.

theres soy milk and products which taste better than dairy. it just takes getting used to. tastes weird to eat cereal with soy milk at first but after a week or two you get used to it. same with soy ice cream tofuti.

Hmm. Im pretty sure that I saw something about Soy products could break you out aswell. Almond milk should be better? havent tried it though.

There is now even scientific evidence which links dairy to acne. Also regardless of this, drinking plenty of water keeps you hydrated which ensures natural exfoliation of the skin. One of the precursors of acne is blocked pores due to poor removal of dead skin cells.

If anyone is complaining about acne but refuses to give up dairy because they can't live without it, then they need to get some self-discipline, *cough* molly.

i find that gluten irritates my acne by far the most, dairy gives me smaller pimples but they usually are whiteheads, i ate 2 pints of ice cream the other day after i had basically been avoiding dairy for months and i only had a small small breakout, i keep dairy to a limited though because im pretty sure i don't digest it well, but gluten i think is far worse in my case, it gave me a whole lot of trouble including ibs, joint pain, acne and a whole lot of other stuff. it might be celiac's im not sure, though i figure if you notice a clear correlation it wouldnt be smart to continue eating that food

Thank you for flaming me :rolleyes: Its not my fault most foods contain dairy somewhere.

For a few days I was drinking a glass of organic whole milk. It didn't break me out at all. Even though I've stopped dairy for now (mostly, occasionally cook with butter) I don't think it effects me.