Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Souble

Could olive oil (not extra virgin) break you out?

I had a steady couple months of a good diet without much breaking out at all. However the last week I've seen a lot of pimples form around my mouth and nose area. I couldn't think of any changes towards my diet besides for the regular olive oil I take in because extra virgin olive oil ran out. It doesn't seem logical to me that it may be so, as nothing seems wrong with it, but maybe someone knows something I don't. I hope it's not the change of seasons to the summer...gosh...I don't need four months of torture.

I had a steady couple months of a good diet without much breaking out at all. However the last week I've seen a lot of pimples form around my mouth and nose area. I couldn't think of any changes towards my diet besides for the regular olive oil I take in because extra virgin olive oil ran out. It doesn't seem logical to me that it may be so, as nothing seems wrong with it, but maybe someone knows something I don't. I hope it's not the change of seasons to the summer...gosh...I don't need four months of torture.

The change affected you probably because the beneficiary compounds of EVOO were not there in regular olive oil. Just my guess. Not sure how accurate, but I would stick to just extra virgin olive oil :) It will go away again.

Though just be sure that it is not a coincidence and you are getting consistent break outs that usually do not happen under any condition.

The change affected you probably because the beneficiary compounds of EVOO were not there in regular olive oil. Just my guess. Not sure how accurate, but I would stick to just extra virgin olive oil :) It will go away again.

Though just be sure that it is not a coincidence and you are getting consistent break outs that usually do not happen under any condition.

monounsaturated oils contain some saturated fats which can cause sticker sebum. at least for me ive noticed fish oil gives me sebum plugs. so i could see how it could be olive oil for you.

if oil would give me acne theres no way i would avoid it.. my mom makes rice and i must eat it since i don't get break out cause of that... FEWWWWWWWWWWWWW :D

monounsaturated oils contain some saturated fats which can cause sticker sebum. at least for me ive noticed fish oil gives me sebum plugs. so i could see how it could be olive oil for you.

not even corn oil breaks me out , but how would u know if is the oil?? since u eat more things prolly

still using corn oil.. gonna use olive oil. =\

i tried extra virgin olive oil for a week ... And it break me out like hell after the 5th day of using it....

oils are NOT necessary for good health. infact, i believe vegetable oils are the main cause of acne in my case. 10,000 years ago humans did not consume any oil except for fish oil. oils are usually extracted from vegetable seeds which are not meant to be consumed in the first place. plants protect their seeds using toxins and other defenses so that they have a chance to produce a plant.

i realize that olive oil is not made from olive seeds but that does not mean they are perfectly harmless. vegetable oils consist of long polyunsaturated chains of fat which decompose into toxic substances at high temperatures such as those created inside of the body during digestion.

you can choose to believe me or not but don't trick yourself into thinking vegetable oils are necessary. here's a site if you woud like some more information:

http://thescreamonline.com/essays/essays5-1/vegoil.html