Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hello i am new to this forum and i was wondering if prom was worth going to. the senior prom is in almost a week. i dont really have a high self esteem cuz of my pretty severe acne. i cannot dance either, whether it is to fast/slow paced music. i was just thinking wat is the point of going to prom if im not gonna dance and cant get a date? is it even as fun as its hyped up to be?

I wasn't really big on dances either, but if you do get a date, especially a date that can dance you will have fun. A guy does not have to know how to dance, he just places his hands on the girl's hips and does his best to keep up. But if you don't think you'll be able to get a date and don't have any friends you want to go with, don't waste your time going and feeling as if you HAVE to. Prom is expensive and you could put that money to something else (like a basketball game, or whatever hobbies/interests you have). But if you went you probably would have a good time. Also, don't be so self-conscious, they dim the lights during the dances so you can't really see others that well.

Do you have friends? Are your friends going?

yeh my friends are begging me to go but they all have dancing experience and good skin

Once again, dancing experience is not important if you have a partner that knows how to dance. And if you keep using "can't dance" as an excuse when will you learn? Everyone had to learn to dance at some point.

Hmmm my highschool prom i walked in looked around and walked right out..i only went cuz my mom wanted me to have the "experience" ...turns out it was something i didn't care too much for..

but they do dim down the lights and if your friends are going then u should go..it would be fun! (only if they don't have date..or if they do and they don't end up ditching you for their dates)

Hmmm my highschool prom i walked in looked around and walked right out..i only went cuz my mom wanted me to have the "experience" ...turns out it was something i didn't care too much for..

but they do dim down the lights and if your friends are going then u should go..it would be fun! (only if they don't have date..or if they do and they don't end up ditching you for their dates)

I stayed for 1.5 hrs b/c my ride wouldn't leave.

I was sorely disappointed.

But go if you really want to go. Maybe going alone would be better b/c you wouldn't have to worry about them having fun. Shake it.

First of all ANYONE can slow dance (hands on hips and sway), and im a self admitted white boy dancer (aka no rhythm). Fast dancing i just didn't do, i rocked the table near the smoothie machine in between slow songs; plus this made my friends happy because sometimes you just need to sit down (crowd heat, stepped on toes, makeout sessions) and pretty much secured a permanant spot with the help of Carl, and Pablo (the smoothie guys). I also did a little gambling buisness on who would hook up with who, dance offs, and drunk people getting kicked out. It can be fun just to hang out with a large majority of your peers before you never see 95% of them ever again. Just don't let acne be the reason you don't go, bc thats a crappy reason.

Seniors still actually go to prom?

Where I live, all the seniors show up and make an appearance. Walk out 2 minutes later and go get drunk.

prom is whatever you make of it...i had the best time ever at mine! Don't skip out on it just cuz you are upset by your skin...live it up and have fun!

prom is whatever you make of it...i had the best time ever at mine! Don't skip out on it just cuz you are upset by your skin...live it up and have fun!

Exactly, my skin was at its worse but i didn't give a fuck. I went with the intention of

having an incredible time and making sure my date had just as much fun. I even got

laid that night.

I'm in a similar position. Our prom is in June, and I'm not going. I can't dance, there's no chance of me getting a date, and I don't have many friends at school (they're all so shallow they can't get past my skin, so I don't even bother). I don't see the point, but if you've got some good mates that are going then it should be laugh.

I went with a group of friends and it was a grand time with much dancing and laughing and much more laughing. So yes, it's worth it IF you go with a determination to have fun and not be self-conscious!

I went to my high school proms both times, and both times I went with some of the most popular girls in my class. I was shy so it didn't go as well as I'd liked, but still, it was worth it. Go for it, even if you go with just friends. Life's too short to stay at home.

Of course you should go. Highschool I think its one of the moments that we should cherish. but thats just me. When you get older and have children...what are you going to tell them? I didn't go to prom cause I thought it was stupid? Go have fun. You don't need to know how to dance if your a guy. Girls basically do all the work. And the lights do get dim..and believe it or not..most of the people you see around you don't know how to dance as well. And the acne shouldn't keep you at home during prom night.

it's all good you don't need to know how to dance gangsters don't dance. But if you are gonna hit da dance floor just rape lol

but yeah have ur friends show ya, or search clubbing 101 on youtube!!!!!!!