Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChristyV

Tretinoin & comedones?

I've been using tretinoin 0.1% cream for a little over 3 months now, and I have a lot of comedones on my cheeks and a little on my forehead that won't seem to go away. Could it be the facewash I'm using? I'm using Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Scrub.. is it too harsh maybe? Should I switch to the Cetaphil Cleanser?

I've been using tretinoin 0.1% cream for a little over 3 months now, and I have a lot of comedones on my cheeks and a little on my forehead that won't seem to go away. Could it be the facewash I'm using? I'm using Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Scrub.. is it too harsh maybe? Should I switch to the Cetaphil Cleanser?

I'm wondering the same thing. I used tretinoin gel for a month and a half now and i keep getting reinfected with pimples on my cheeks. i used a deep clean gentle exfoliant for the first month and just recently switched to the cetaphil cleaner, my skin seems a bit less irritated but i've gotten a few pimples in the last day (they don't appear to be new, i've had them in the same spot and there was a red spot before i got the pimples).

i dont know if the tretinoin is working at all, if i messed it up with the exfoliant or what. i dont have an appointment with the derm for another month either. :( i just want to know if i should keep at this or if i should twitch to something else in the mean time

I'm wondering the same thing. I used tretinoin gel for a month and a half now and i keep getting reinfected with pimples on my cheeks. i used a deep clean gentle exfoliant for the first month and just recently switched to the cetaphil cleaner, my skin seems a bit less irritated but i've gotten a few pimples in the last day (they don't appear to be new, i've had them in the same spot and there was a red spot before i got the pimples).

i dont know if the tretinoin is working at all, if i messed it up with the exfoliant or what. i dont have an appointment with the derm for another month either. :( i just want to know if i should keep at this or if i should twitch to something else in the mean time

I think I'm just going to stick with this since I've read positive reviews on it, and I'm willing to give it 2 more months (or until I run out). I'm still getting new pimples, though they don't last long; yet they sometimes leave a red mark :confused: It has evened out my skin tone and made my skin a lot softer which is good :)