Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thisguy771

Questions about scar removal

This isn't about acne scars but still about scars. I had 3 moles removed when I was in elementary school (I'm 16 now). I went to the dermatologist and he took a look at the scars and didn't even feel them or anything and just said. Nope there's nothing we can do because the scars are discolored for your skin color. Is this true? There is nothing I can do to fade the scars? They are about the size of peas. One is sticking out of my skin a little bit and 2 are a little bit indented. I think the only reason they are discolored is because I tried using mederma scar treatment and it bleached my skin (i have pretty tan skin). So yeah I just wanted to get other peoples opinions on what I can do. The scars are on my body so I can conceal them when I want to, but when I go to the beach or waterpark I don't want to have to explain my whole story to everyone I talk to, you know? I know scars can't be completely removed, but isn't there a treatment that can be used to fade them?

This isn't about acne scars but still about scars. I had 3 moles removed when I was in elementary school (I'm 16 now). I went to the dermatologist and he took a look at the scars and didn't even feel them or anything and just said. Nope there's nothing we can do because the scars are discolored for your skin color. Is this true? There is nothing I can do to fade the scars? They are about the size of peas. One is sticking out of my skin a little bit and 2 are a little bit indented. I think the only reason they are discolored is because I tried using mederma scar treatment and it bleached my skin (i have pretty tan skin). So yeah I just wanted to get other peoples opinions on what I can do. The scars are on my body so I can conceal them when I want to, but when I go to the beach or waterpark I don't want to have to explain my whole story to everyone I talk to, you know? I know scars can't be completely removed, but isn't there a treatment that can be used to fade them?

Look into TotalFX or Fraxel Re:pair - the newest technology in 2008.

What color are the scars?

If they are lighter than your skin tone, you could either use self tanner to blend the color a bit or possibly get micropigmentation (cosmetic tatooing.)

If the scars are red, IPL or other laser might help. BUT how much of a problem are 3 pea-sized scars on your body?? Most people on this board would so gladly trade your problem for theirs!