Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leslie788

tape method

Hey! I've been trying the tape method for a little over a month, and I haven't seen much progress yet, but I was wondering if anyone else knew if it really works? It seems like the most promising thing to me since you can actually see your skin come off. What do you guys think?

well what are u trying to do? when i read about the tape method ive heard people seeing actual pigmented skin come off and stick onto the tape. however that didnt work for me, all i saw was lil bits of dead skin. i tried it for 2 weeks and absolutely no change whatsoever. if your trying to just get dead skin off, then i guess u can say the tap method works...but for the red/brown marks...it was a no go for me.

Was gonna buy some Scotch tape after work, I've been very tempted to try this method myself though I'm a bit worried about it having a negative effect as I have super-sensitive skin. Also I keep having this image of my mom walking in my room to find me covered in tape with a sheepish expression on my face.. "It's um... I'm just, I've heard its uh... good for wrinkles, want some?"

I tried it for a while but it didn't do anything. It fell outta my mind shortly after I realized it was pointless.

Used it for a couple of weeks. Got rid of flakiness and made my skin softer.

Other than that though, it didn't do anything for blemishes... Stopped using, too lazy.

well what are u trying to do? when i read about the tape method ive heard people seeing actual pigmented skin come off and stick onto the tape. however that didnt work for me, all i saw was lil bits of dead skin. i tried it for 2 weeks and absolutely no change whatsoever. if your trying to just get dead skin off, then i guess u can say the tap method works...but for the red/brown marks...it was a no go for me.

Acne battle,

So do I need a liquid cleanser or can I just use a bar of soap? Do you have any recommended cleansers? Where did you get your cleanser from/What is it called? So when you put on the cleanser is that considered part of your face wash or do you have to wash it separately?

Its better to buy a liquid cleanser. The cleanser I bought is called SkinCeuticals Clarifying Wash. You can type it into google because I dont remember which site I bought it from. No, its the only cleanser I use. I also use the SkinCeuticals mask and I use NeoBenz Micro bp. Im not trying to be rude but if you had looked at my signature you wouldve seen that

yeh i tried it for 2 weeks around my red/brown marks as well, all i saw was dead skin everytime...so didnt work for me

you're not going to see "red" on the tape.